Veiled Cham hiding all morning?

My new UVB comes tomorrow, I will upload a picture of the order I made. And oh okay driftwood? I think Exo Terra sell some of that so I can definitely get hold of that!

View attachment 277278
Ok did you already order the supplements? Arcadia EP-A is essentially a calcium without D3 and a few water soluble vitamins. It is an amazing product. I use all arcadia supplements only. IMO they are better then repti calcium. You would want the Cal MG and the revitaliseD3 as well. If you get them let me know and I will explain the rotation of these ones.

Ok did you already order the supplements? Arcadia EP-A is essentially a calcium without D3 and a few water soluble vitamins. It is an amazing product. I use all arcadia supplements only. IMO they are better then repti calcium. You would want the Cal MG and the revitaliseD3 as well. If you get them let me know and I will explain the rotation of these ones.

yes I ordered the Arcadia ep-a multivitamin, I also ordered the zoo med repti calcium WITHOUT d3, and I already have a supplement that contains Vitamin D3.

yes I ordered the Arcadia ep-a multivitamin, I also ordered the zoo med repti calcium WITHOUT d3, and I already have a supplement that contains Vitamin D3.
Ok so this is where it gets tricky if your going to mix and match supplements. The EP-A is the same as the repti calcium without D3. The supplement you have that contains D3 is the one that contains Vitamin A. Now I am not familiar with that specific one so I can not speak to the quality of it. If you continue to use it then it would follow the 2 times a month for that one because it has calcium with D3 and Vitamin A. Then you would use the EP-A at all other feedings and not use the repti calcium.

If it were me I would stick to the Arcadia supplements only. Or if your going to mix and match use the EP-A at all feedings then use Repashy Calcium plus loD at 2 feedings a month. Reptivite with D3 could also be used 2 times a month instead of the repashy loD.

Ok so this is where it gets tricky if your going to mix and match supplements. The EP-A is the same as the repti calcium without D3. The supplement you have that contains D3 is the one that contains Vitamin A. Now I am not familiar with that specific one so I can not speak to the quality of it. If you continue to use it then it would follow the 2 times a month for that one because it has calcium with D3 and Vitamin A. Then you would use the EP-A at all other feedings and not use the repti calcium.

If it were me I would stick to the Arcadia supplements only. Or if your going to mix and match use the EP-A at all feedings then use Repashy Calcium plus loD at 2 feedings a month. Reptivite with D3 could also be used 2 times a month instead of the repashy loD.

Okay so I will use the Arcadia EP-A Multivitamin one for every feed, I’m looking on the website to see what other Arcadia supplements they have but can’t find any. I would rather stick to one brand of supplement so I’m not getting confused as to what to give, when to give etc.

Okay so I will use the Arcadia EP-A Multivitamin one for every feed, I’m looking on the website to see what other Arcadia supplements they have but can’t find any. I would rather stick to one brand of supplement so I’m not getting confused as to what to give, when to give etc.
So they should carry the Calcium MG and the RevitaliseD3... These are the ones that go with the EP-A
IF they have them then it would be EP-A at all feeds except 1 day a week you rotate back and forth between the CalciumMG and the RevitaliseD3. So that each of these are given 2 times a month.

So they should carry the Calcium MG and the RevitaliseD3... These are the ones that go with the EP-A
IF they have them then it would be EP-A at all feeds except 1 day a week you rotate back and forth between the CalciumMG and the RevitaliseD3. So that each of these are given 2 times a month.
FC0EE19F-DD7B-4DB5-A78D-77904154F779.png

Are these the 3 you are referring? I have the bottom one.

Yes, those are them. The EP-A is actually Calcium with a few water soluble vitamins.
So it would be EP-A at all feeds except 1 day a week you rotate back and forth between the CalciumMG and the RevitaliseD3. So that each of these are given 2 times a month.

Does this make sense?

Yes that makes perfect sense now! So like today for example he hasn’t ate all day, should I be worried about the fact he hasn’t had any supplements today?

Yes that makes perfect sense now! So like today for example he hasn’t ate all day, should I be worried about the fact he hasn’t had any supplements today?
I do not worry about this unless it is on a day when I need to give one of the twice a month supplements. Then I just do it the next feeding and then get back on the normal rotation.

Some will not eat when shedding though. My boys eat everything that does not move faster then them so I don't have this issue lol.

I do not worry about this unless it is on a day when I need to give one of the twice a month supplements. Then I just do it the next feeding and then get back on the normal rotation.

Some will not eat when shedding though. My boys eat everything that does not move faster then them so I don't have this issue lol.

hahaha he sounds great. I’m going back to the pet shop to complain so hopefully they can compensate and I can get some money back, it wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out to be a girl now!! They obviously don’t have a clue I won’t be going back!

can I also ask your opinion on drippers? As I can see people saying they never see there chameleon drink, but I’m thinking of having a dripper for my piece of mind aswell as misting..

Last edited:
hahaha he sounds great. I’m going back to the pet shop to complain so hopefully they can compensate and I can get some money back, it wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out to be a girl now!! They obviously don’t have a clue I won’t be going back!

can I also ask your opinion on drippers? As I can see people saying they never see there chameleon drink, but I’m thinking of having a dripper for my piece of mind aswell as misting..
You for sure have a male so no worries there. ;)

So if your doing natural hydration with a fogger at night you do not need a dripper during the day IMO. I do fogging at night and misting in the morning and evening for mine. My baby has a dripper but that is only because he has not been moved to his adult cage that will be hooked into the fogging and misting system I run.
Honestly IME since fogging at night I rarely see my boys drinking during the day. Sometimes rarely during my longer evening misting I will but like I said very rarely.

You for sure have a male so no worries there. ;)

So if your doing natural hydration with a fogger at night you do not need a dripper during the day IMO. I do fogging at night and misting in the morning and evening for mine. My baby has a dripper but that is only because he has not been moved to his adult cage that will be hooked into the fogging and misting system I run.
Honestly IME since fogging at night I rarely see my boys drinking during the day. Sometimes rarely during my longer evening misting I will but like I said very rarely.

Okay well no I have not fogged at night, I read up on that and a lot of people said they don’t use one and that hand misting was sufficient enough? So I didn’t think to buy one. I noticed he pooped before and there was no orange or yellow in colour... just normal brown with the white urates.

Okay well no I have not fogged at night, I read up on that and a lot of people said they don’t use one and that hand misting was sufficient enough? So I didn’t think to buy one. I noticed he pooped before and there was no orange or yellow in colour... just normal brown with the white urates.
Once he settles in a bit more and you really know what your ambient humidity for night is you will be able to fine tune everything. It is a bit of a process. Keep watching the urates.

Once he settles in a bit more and you really know what your ambient humidity for night is you will be able to fine tune everything. It is a bit of a process. Keep watching the urates.

Yeah I’m hoping once I set him up tomorrow In his new home he will be much better, I’ll probably hop back on here to upload a picture of his new enclosure and just get some advice on where to place the new digital thermometer/hygrometer I have purchased.
Thank you so much your such a great help!

Yeah I’m hoping once I set him up tomorrow In his new home he will be much better, I’ll probably hop back on here to upload a picture of his new enclosure and just get some advice on where to place the new digital thermometer/hygrometer I have purchased.
Thank you so much your such a great help!
Your welcome. That is what we are here for ❤

Back
Top Bottom