veiled cham. <333

lovebite.

hey guys. name's dexter.
just signed up for the forums today...so..hello all. [:

anyway,
i got a veiled chameleon for xmas.

everything is going good. her name is Luna, and shes about 3 1/2 months. i picked her out because she seemed the most adventurous in the pet shop. and she loves climbing on me. everytime i walk in the house she goes to the branch nearest to me and crawls on my arm when i stick my hand in the cage. ( :

im fairly new to the reptile ownership, but i must say that Luna is being treated like a (very expensive) princess.

pictures! :

IMG_1542.jpg
<br>
luna.jpg
<br>
IMG_1426.jpg

<br>
IMG_1444.jpg

shes an absolute sweetheart.

any advice, future warnings?

Last edited:
awww... she's beautiful, I as well got a veiled chameleon for Christmas, I named her Lola, my profile picture is the only pic I got but I'll post more as soon as I can. Welcome to the forums.

-Blynn.

First off welcome. She looks cute. I like seeing the real plants and the screen cage.

In the pots I noticed alot of loss sticks and white balls (perlite). You may want to change the soil over to something else. Why I do not know but chameleons will eat dirt from time to time. The ones I have noticed that do it the most are usually younger. Accidently ingesting one of those white balls or sticks can cause some serious complications with their health. They may never eat dirt but it is better to be prepared for if they do. You may not be home when they do to even know it happen.

First off welcome. She looks cute. I like seeing the real plants and the screen cage.

In the pots I noticed alot of loss sticks and white balls (perlite). You may want to change the soil over to something else. Why I do not know but chameleons will eat dirt from time to time. The ones I have noticed that do it the most are usually younger. Accidently ingesting one of those white balls or sticks can cause some serious complications with their health. They may never eat dirt but it is better to be prepared for if they do. You may not be home when they do to even know it happen.

awesome. i like honesty...!!

thanks for the advice. [:

I solved this problem by putting a layer of larger glass stones over the dirt in my pots (you can get them at the craft store). My little veiled was eating dirt a lot too. Would actually climb over my hand when I tried to stop him and eat it right in front of me. He has quite the attitude.

-Brad

Welcome to the forum!
Luna is absolutely adorable! The Hubby & I have a pair of Veiled Chameleons as well as 6 of thier babies left out of a clutch of 41 hatchlings, so we understand the joy of owning these little guys. So far none of ours seems to be interested in eating dirt. I will be posting more pics in the future of all of our chams.
Just to let you know the folks here are VERY helpful and have wonderful advice for those who need it!

Back
Top Bottom