Veiled breeding behavior and laying bin - urgent questions!

jburleigh13

Hi,

I am a fairly new veiled owner - I have a 7 month old female, and a 5 month old male. They live side by side in medium sized cages (with fabric in between so they can't see each other).

First question: They have both been restless for the past week. From the female's colors, I think she is 'receptive' but is it normal for the male to be restless too (climbing the ceiling of his enclosure)?

Second Question: Is it really okay to use the Earthgro Topsoil that's in the laying bin set up video? Is sand better? For a laying bin, I have a large, over-sized pot which will barely fit into her enclosure (16" diameter, 18" height). I plan on putting 10" of laying material in it.

Thanks -- I need to get this set up right away, as I'm leaving town day after tomorrow and I want her to to have what she needs!

Thanks in advance,

Julie

I'm sure they know each other's there. I keep all my chameleons free range and my girl in a separate room and my male would roam and hang out at her door and my girl would roam all over her room. You might try moving one of them if you have a place. I'm attaching my laying bin blog below and Dez's video you referred to above is excellent. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html#comment2073

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom