Veiled breeders?

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey, I've been looking for a translucent veiled chameleon, but I can't find any breeder other than big companies like Flchams, cbreptiles, or lllreptile.. is there any smaller breeder that focuses on translucents?

Thank you Vikki! I was looking for something with more white though.. I genuinely appreciate you for trying :)
There really don’t seem to be many dedicated breeders of veileds. That’s a bit odd as there’s so very many of them…where are they all coming from? Are they considered too common for anyone to put decent effort into selective breeding?
Morph market has some https://www.morphmarket.com/us/search?q=veiled&cat=42 but I’ve no idea if any are from responsible sources.

Hi, just wanted to chime in. I had a thought that this photo suggests this chameleon is wild caught. Also, I noticed so many grammer mistakes a across their website. (Descriptions, policies, etc). Just seemed a bit sketchy to me.
Screenshot_20220310-130411.png

Hi, just wanted to chime in. I had a thought that this photo suggests this chameleon is wild caught. Also, I noticed so many grammer mistakes a across their website. (Descriptions, policies, etc). Just seemed a bit sketchy to me.
View attachment 321202
I didn’t go to their web site, but they say the cham is imported. Somehow I doubt that. More than likely it was farmed in south Florida. :cautious:
Seriously though, if no one but shady places and individual keepers are breeding veileds, where are they all coming from to be so very common? How can the most inexpensive and easily found chameleon not have any reputable breeders?

I do not know of anyone that breeds healthy translucent veileds. My last one was gorgeous and from Petco. I got him when they only had him a few days. Went there yesterday and they had three gorgeous high translucent babies . FYI the white and black comes in as they age. The more translucent skin they have the more these colors are going to develop in its place.

Last edited:
I do not know of anyone that breeds healthy translucent veileds. My last one was gorgeous and from Petco. I got him when they only had him a few days. Went their yesterday and they had three gorgeous high translucent babies . FYI the white and black comes in as they age. The more translucent skin they have the more these colors are going to develop in its place.
I'm looking for one with translucent face mainly, but I'm having a hard time finding it..

I didn’t go to their web site, but they say the cham is imported. Somehow I doubt that. More than likely it was farmed in south Florida. :cautious:
Seriously though, if no one but shady places and individual keepers are breeding veileds, where are they all coming from to be so very common? How can the most inexpensive and easily found chameleon not have any reputable breeders?

There use to be several good small breeders, like Karen and Dez but Mark’s chameleons is the only one I know of now and it looks like he’s getting into panthers more now, however he just had some baby veileds hatch a day or two ago. Most places, even large breeders, are now selling FL wild caught. IMO it’s a good thing because it saves a life.

I'm looking for one with translucent face mainly, but I'm having a hard time finding it..
I saw two in petco today... They may not be a breeder. But I have gotten 2 Veileds from them within a few days of them getting them in. No parasite issues and no health issues with either of them.

This was the male I had that I unfortunately had to rehome due to an unplanned move to another state. If you look at the pics from when I had first gotten him you will see how translucent his face and legs were. Then how the color changes as they age. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/bentley.6707/

Back
Top Bottom