Veiled and crested together??

Meleon

hello to all this is my first post here at cham forums i have a veiled cham and a crested gecko that are NOT in the same terrarium but one of my freinds suggested that they could co-habitate without any problems i thought this would stress the animal wondering if anybody has heard anything like this ??????

8:30am Gecko introduced to the cage...

8:32am Chameleon consumes gecko.

8:33am Owner realizes his buddy was wrong.

The chameleon will only recognize it as food, period! ;)

yea i figured so just wanted to cut down onb electrical run one terrarium instead of 2 but i knew it was to good to be true thanks lol

What are you using for your crested geckos? Should be too much electricity to risk your crested to be digested. :p

On the contrary, I have seen an adult giant day gecko and adult Diego Suarez panther chameleon kept together...

This was accidental of course, the Phelsuma got out and made his new home in the panther's cage. The guy keeping them said the panther hasn't tried to eat him..

Now, I don't know how long they were kept together, but it was long enough that the panther would have seen the Phelsuma.

If it's a large, full grown adult crested gecko, and a female veiled, or smaller male veiled, then I don't think there'd bee much harm.

They are active at opposite times of the day as well, so there'd be little to no stress.

Brock - I have actually seen some of my crested geckos active during daytime hours. :p Even if it's only for 4 minutes or so, they do move!

unless the crested disturbs the sleeping cham. they jump alot. i had one. best to leave the two alone as nature intended.

Yeah, I agree it's best to keep them separate. But if cash is tight, I really don't see any harm if you HAD to keep them together, provided they were both adults and it was a large enclosure that was well planted.

After thinking on this further, why are you concerned about the electrical bill for you CRESTED GECKO? Those don't need any lights at all....if you have lights on him, it must only be for plants. In which case, use some fakes.

I don't have any lights on for my cresteds.
The only one I do have on is a red light for when I want to look at them, or for an oddly cold morning.

On the contrary, I have seen an adult giant day gecko and adult Diego Suarez panther chameleon kept together...

This was accidental of course, the Phelsuma got out and made his new home in the panther's cage. The guy keeping them said the panther hasn't tried to eat him..

Now, I don't know how long they were kept together, but it was long enough that the panther would have seen the Phelsuma.

If it's a large, full grown adult crested gecko, and a female veiled, or smaller male veiled, then I don't think there'd bee much harm.

They are active at opposite times of the day as well, so there'd be little to no stress.
to even suggest this is just silly .......

Back
Top Bottom