Veiled 2yo Male chin spot

Lixard

So for background I got this guy about a month ago, his back spines and part of his veil were burnt but already healed and it just scar tissue. He also had lumps between his eyes and on his eyes since the summer according to his previous home and I received him a month ago. He hasn’t eaten for me at all I’ve had to assist feed him before moving to formula/syringe feed from his vet and he finally started eating on his own this week. He got the bumps/abscesses surgically removed/cleaned out a week ago and healing up from the surgery has been going amazing aside from these spots on his chin and I noticed corrosion on his chin spines. I’ve talked to his vet, sent emails and heard nothing back this was 2 days ago. I called twice about this issue and didn’t hear back but it’s currently 12am and I plan on bringing him in tomorrow and calling for an emergency appointment when they open but in the meantime what is this? I don’t think it’s scale rot, I’ve been washing my hands before handling him to give him meds since his surgery, any help would be appreciated
9F49EB2A-3EA9-49E7-8443-0125056AE680.jpeg

Attachments

• F3806885-A305-4C57-90ED-E711E2ADB098.jpeg
    F3806885-A305-4C57-90ED-E711E2ADB098.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 58
Has he been rubbing his chin on anything? When feeding him, do you grasp his chin at all? I can only offer guesses of maybe infection or a growth. I do hope you’re able to get in to the vet in the morning and get answers/treatment. Do come back and let us know.

Has he been rubbing his chin on anything? When feeding him, do you grasp his chin at all? I can only offer guesses of maybe infection or a growth. I do hope you’re able to get in to the vet in the morning and get answers/treatment. Do come back and let us know.
I have noticed him rubbing his head on things, before abscesses got removed he itched those and he just had a shed so he’s been rubbing against things. I do have to pull on his chin to open his mouth for medications the vet told me to do this and showed me how since I can’t touch the top of his head due to that being the surgery site and he has a open wound there from it still healing but I’ll definitely update. At first I thought it was a bruise but his scales are looking way too weird for that to be it in my opinion

He’s still acting normal and eating on his own so I hope I can get in quickly in the morning!

Vet got back to me It's abnormal spots 'Bruising or mild dermatitis' and I'm supposed to put a triple antibiotic ointment on it for 5-7 days the area won't be normal until a few shed cycles

Vet got back to me It's abnormal spots 'Bruising or mild dermatitis' and I'm supposed to put a triple antibiotic ointment on it for 5-7 days the area won't be normal until a few shed cycles
Glad it’s nothing more serious than that. Sounds like your poor guy has had a rough life. So glad that he’s with you and will receive good care, love and attention to his needs. 😊

Back
Top Bottom