Veild Chameleon Tongue Colour

pascal2023

Avid Member
I have a veiled chameleon, I’ve had lizards and other “types” of chameleons before and I just wondered what colour tongue should a veiled chameleon have? She’s got a purple/ black tongue, sometimes it’s darker and sometimes it’s lighter nearing a shade of pink but has a healthy colour mouth, is this normal?

I have a veiled chameleon, I’ve had lizards and other “types” of chameleons before and I just wondered what colour tongue should a veiled chameleon have? She’s got a purple/ black tongue, sometimes it’s darker and sometimes it’s lighter nearing a shade of pink but has a healthy colour mouth, is this normal?
You may get requests for pics possible.

Ah ok! This is the best I could get

Attachments

• 0A5E6701-25D0-4A86-A2E9-64E022523919.jpeg
    0A5E6701-25D0-4A86-A2E9-64E022523919.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 67
Wow! That is black. I did Google some chameleon tongue pics and saw a variety of colors including black.

Hopefully you can get some real answers from other people here though.
I found it strange, but it changes colour, wasn’t as dark this morning when I fed her, seemed a nice pinkish/ purple, I wonder if it’s an age thing, I was told she’s 4 months old but when I picked her up all her siblings were different sizes and all apparently 4 months too?

Okay this makes me feel abit better, it’s always been a dark colour but does get lighter sometimes if that makes sense … I wondered if it’s the food she’s eating or her ‘environment’ but she a different choice of food everyday, eats enough, drinks and temp is right for her too… strange how similar yet different they are

You know I didn’t think to look at videos, Thankyou for this! I’m wondering maybe if it’s an age thing

Back
Top Bottom