Veggies?

KylieT

Anybody have a list of Cham safe veggies that they can and will eat directly? Uhura is loving some strawberries, but I want to know what else I can feed her directly.

You can offer veileds dandelion greens, collards, kale, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato and a small amount of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.). I sliver the veggies and put them in a dish in the cage and remove the thick stems of greens such as collards.

You can offer veileds dandelion greens, collards, kale, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato and a small amount of fruit (apple, pear, melon, berries, etc.). I sliver the veggies and put them in a dish in the cage and remove the thick stems of greens such as collards.

Thanks! that's good stuff to know. I'm hand feeding the veggies because she doesn't seem interested in food unless I hand feed. Thanks for the list!

I don't have a list, but I know they can eat mustard greens (we feed those to our veiled chams).

Where are you getting mustard greens? I've looked all over and I can't find anywhere that sells them.

Collard greens were on my list...so you can use them. The idea is to vary what you use though so that the insects (and thus the chameleons) get what they need.

Collard greens were on my list...so you can use them. The idea is to vary what you use though so that the insects (and thus the chameleons) get what they need.

Sorry I missed the part about the collards :eek: Thank you for all of your help! she's been really great and isn't a picky eater, I feel like supplementing her diet with the veggies directly may get her more nutrients than the bugs can get her. And she seems to enjoy the switch up. :)

Back
Top Bottom