veggies

I have offered mine sweet red pepper, sweet potato, carrots, squash, zucchini, kale, collards, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, mustard greens, pear, apple, berries, melon, etc. and a little bit of ROMAINE lettuce for moisture. Everything should be diced or slivered or offered in some form that is easy for them to ingest. Whatever the chameleon doesn't eat will be eaten by any loose crickets, etc. in the cage.

Tie to a branch/paper clip to hold veggie on the side of the cage. My Adult Veiled Chameleon is like a cow, whenever I have pothos in the enclosure, my Veiled will strip them clean within a month or two. :D

what kind of berries are u feeding him like blue and rasberry? i want to start to feed them to my guy but not sure whats best. What should i start feeding first?

I put the greens, etc. in a large lid at the bottom of the cage. They soon figure out where it is....and so do the insects! You can put it at the same height that you put the insects too, if you cup feed. I have impaled things on branches too....but not as often.

Re: berries..I have used strawberries and blueberries so far.....but I don't go overboard on them....or any of the fruit for that matter. (I should have mentioned that in the last post.)

Back
Top Bottom