veggies and fruits

houzah

I recently purchased a veiled chameleon, and he is beautiful. he seems to be adapting to his new cage well. i hand fed him a live cricket for the first time today, but now i am beginning to wonder how to introduce fruits and veggies to him? how do i get him to know that they are food?

Once your cham gets comfortable with hand feeding and eagerly accepts bugs from you switch it up and offer small bits of veggie and "trick" it. This has worked for me but some chams have been a little put off by the switch and have given me the old "stink eye" for my efforts. lol Cheers!

ok thanks alot, this is my first one, so i am still experimenting with how to raise it. thanks for the help! :)

My Veiled Chameleon that I used to have just ate every plant that I put in his cage. I never had to worry about "feeding" him vegetables or fruits. I did have to replace his plants a lot though as he generally ate them faster than they could grow.

They will know its food. My veiled likes all kinds of fruits and veggies from kiwi, bananas, to mustard and collard greens. Even ate a cucumber which is not the most nutritional but he liked it. Good way to keep them well hydrated through what they eat especially if yours does not like to drink like mine.

Make sure what you are feeding is proportional size and easy to obtain. I hang leafy from vines and skewer Fruits through twigs. For an example.

Mine doesn't like to drink either! I hydrate him entirely through his veggies. His urates are snow white when he gets veggies every day, much better looking than they ever were playing the dripper game with him...little jerk. None of my others have any problem drinking like a normal cham!

Back
Top Bottom