Vegetables

wizzlebee

Hey guys I'm new to this site so I hope I'm doing this right...
My chameleon (Meka) never wants to eat vegetables, I've tried putting little pieces of lettuce and other veggies in his cage but he refuses to eat any of it... I'll try putting it up to his face like I do with other food but it seems like he notices it isn't alive or moving and it very un-interested. I also try leaving it in his food dish so he knows it's food but nothing is working. If anyone knows how to get him to try them out I'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance!!:)

Most chams wont eat veggies like that, you should feed the veggies to your crickets and then feed your cham the healthy gutloaded crickets.

Okay thanks! Are there any other foods I can feed him that aren't living so I can just put them in there for him to eat whenever?

At first Camo (my veiled) wouldn't touch anything non insect. But little by little he's shown more interest in fruits and veggies. Maybe as they grow their body craves it? What I do is I will shred or grate his veggies or fruit and put little bits of it on his leaves and he will gobble it up when I'm not watching. So far he loves shredded zuchinni, apples, and grapes. I have yet to get him to try any leafy veggies and he won't touch carrots. He's a picky little guy with a sweet tooth (he prefers fruit).

Okay thanks! Are there any other foods I can feed him that aren't living so I can just put them in there for him to eat whenever?

They wont eat vegtables but they like to munch on plants like ficud benjermin or scheffla or pothos and others we have a plant data base check it out. Also mustard greens and kale vegtables with carrots is good veggi cricket gutload also use a dry gutload look on the site for recipes like blogs or search feature also check our sponsores they make their own sometimes like chad Aat tiki tiki makes cricket crack.

Mine will eat fruit and veg from my hand, she loves apple, carrot, water cress, cucumber, strawberries, rocket and grapes. I started trying her on fruit and veg when she turned 6months, at first she would have nothing to do with them until i rubbed a bit of cucumber on her lips she liked it and took the peace of cucumber off my hand. Now when she see's me with a grape she comes running over with her mouth open ready to get her yummy treat. :D

Love that hibiscus

I made a "worm salad" for my veiled a few days a week for about a month with Romaine lettuce shredded and meal/wax worms and the lettuce stuck to his tongue as he shot at the worms so he ended up eating it. Now he loves to eat hibiscus leaves right off the plant. I have to rotate 2 plants in the cage because he eats so much of the hibiscus. I believe he is prone to eat leaves when he isn't getting enough water ... not because I'm not providing, just because he is stubborn.

You can feed your veiled greens (dandelions, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, etc.) and veggies (carrot, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, etc.) and a small bit of fruit (apple, pear, berries, melon, etc.). They should be served in a way that the chameleon can eat them (eg:..slivers of the veggies I listed, leaves without the tough stems, etc.). They will/can also eat non-toxic leaves and flowers, etc. Try offering it something like apple first.

Tilly eats veggies and fruit. She loves squash. But then again she's a total pig and eats anything you give her really!

I made a "worm salad" for my veiled a few days a week for about a month with Romaine lettuce shredded and meal/wax worms and the lettuce stuck to his tongue as he shot at the worms so he ended up eating it. Now he loves to eat hibiscus leaves right off the plant. I have to rotate 2 plants in the cage because he eats so much of the hibiscus. I believe he is prone to eat leaves when he isn't getting enough water ... not because I'm not providing, just because he is stubborn.

thats a great idea i think im going to try that tonight for my little guy cause he always eats his worms from a glass each evening..:D

Back
Top Bottom