vaporizer vs humifier ??

hayleycole

hello. im having trouble with humidity in my jacksons cage. I have thought about using a humidifier or a vaporizer and I wanted to hear yalls opinions, suggestions, and maybe a preference in a brand or type. from what ive found humidifiers emit a mist while vaporizers boil water and emit a warm steam.
thanks
hayley

hello. im having trouble with humidity in my jacksons cage. I have thought about using a humidifier or a vaporizer and I wanted to hear yalls opinions, suggestions, and maybe a preference in a brand or type. from what ive found humidifiers emit a mist while vaporizers boil water and emit a warm steam.
thanks
hayley

Use a humidifier. The vaporizer creates steam so it can burn a cham or a plant if it is too close to the unit. And, if the temp in the room is where you want it normally, running a vaporizer will just heat it up more. I prefer using ultrasonic humidifiers that produce a fog from an adjustable nozzle on top. The fog is basically about room temp. Evaporative humidifiers will also work, but they require a large wick that needs to be replaced and can grow a lot of mold/bacteria. Ultrasonics don't need the wick.

I have a Jackson's and also struggle with humidity. I bought a cheaper ultrasonic cool mist 1.5 gallon humidifier from Tar-zhay (ran about $40 on clearance) and bought a 4-ft length of plastic tubing from Home Depot that is the right diameter to slide down into the humidifier. I attached the tubing to the screen with twisty ties - no need to cut a hole in the screen. This has helped tremendously. I now have a pretty steady acceptable humidity (with higher humidity near the bottom where my Jax likes to sleep). It's easy to keep clean, and running at about 1/3 power, it lasts all day.

My little guy likes to hang out in front of the mist before bed [it's very Jurassic Park :) ] so cool mist is critical for me so he doesn't burn himself.

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom