Vanity drainage project

Almost there! Everything fits!! :D Just need to add the trim around the bottom to keep the cage in place and decorate! Woot! What y'all think? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3342.jpg
    IMG_3342.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 173
and thats all that matters right?

i wish my plants would grow faster before i go and make another cage thats smaller.

That's all that matters, my man! Buy bigger plants! :D

That looks awesome man! That top board was custom cut right? And you took the original off the vanity?

Thx, brah! Yeah, the vanity was a combo (base and sink). I left the sink off and had HD cut me 25"x25" plywood to set on top. I glued and nailed it to the base.

Very nice!!! I like!!! I want!!!

Thank you! I've spent part of the day working on the vanity and a dang long time putting that DIYcage together! Good grief, easy assembly, my arse! :mad:

That hibiscus was kinda tall until I dropped it into that big hole! :eek: ;)

looks very nice, rough cost estimate?

The vanity was only $39 and you can get them at HD or Lowes. The sheet of plywood was $15.xx and HD cut them to specs for me. I have two more 25x25 pieces ready to go! Glue, nails, trim and sealant was right at $10? So the $$ parts are the vanity and wood!

I'm guessing that there's an issue with tapatlk. It looks like my 1st few pics are gone! :mad: Eh, you get to see the finished result... :p

Actually gonna do 2 vanities with either a big ficus in both or umbrella and then hanging pothos from the top being held by a 2x4 going across the top of both cages.

Dude! Get your own idea! That's exactly what I'm gonna do! Hang a pothos from the top!! :D

I just haven't figured out how to hang it thru the screen? I've heard of peeps using fishing line. How durable is that?

I just haven't figured out how to hang it thru the screen? I've heard of peeps using fishing line. How durable is that?

Get a heavy line and it will hold. Or if you don't care about a tiny hole through the screen then use a bicycle hook

Get a heavy line and it will hold. Or if you don't care about a tiny hole through the screen then use a bicycle hook

Yeah, trying to avoid a puncture hole. I'll test the fishing line. 50# mono or 20# braided should hold, huh?

Where did you find the DIY cage with the bottom out of it? Or do they all come like that. I just showed my wife your pictures and it got her to ok getting a chameleon. Thanks

Where did you find the DIY cage with the bottom out of it? Or do they all come like that. I just showed my wife your pictures and it got her to ok getting a chameleon. Thanks

Haha! Awesome! The screened enclosures usually come with the removable PVC bottom for ease of cleaning! I cut the hole in the plywood and took another PVC piece and traced the same hole. The pot will go thru the PVC and plywood. ;)

Haha! Awesome! The screened enclosures usually come with the removable PVC bottom for ease of cleaning! I cut the hole in the plywood and took another PVC piece and traced the same hole. The pot will go thru the PVC and plywood. ;)

What will you do with excess water that fall's on the PVC? Do you plan to drill small holes through the PVC and plywood to drip down into a drain pan in the vanity?

Back
Top Bottom