vacation time - how to feed the chams!

This is a topic I've seen countless times.

I actually have a herp vet down the road that charges $10 a day for herp-sitting. Pretty cool, but still a pain to pack the whole cage over there (I don't even think it fits in my car)

Anyhow, with the recent switch over to cup feeding, I've tried this new thing that is working really great:

3 roaches in the cup, with a little gutload and powedering last three days.

5 roaches last 5 days.

So far 8 roaches have lasted me the last 7 days without actively "feeding" my cham. They stay pretty well dusted, they're living on a thin little layer of high calcium cricket chow, and Otto just wanders down there when he's hungry and has a bite to eat. It's really great!

Can anyone see any drawbacks to this system? It's obviously not ideal, I like to vary the gutload a little more. It's obviously not possible with crickets. But it seems completely functional for an 8 day trip away from home.

PM-60 is in the mail.

I give him roaches only two or three molts away from maturation, so they're fairly large. My cham will be a year in january. He was in a hunger strike a few months ago, but he's pretty consistantly eating a roach a day now.

There is always food avaialble to him and that's all he takes, so I assume it's what he wants. I have seen your cricket setup thread, it's pretty clever!

then you should be fine, my cham has only needed about 10 min. of care every week since i went with that + auto mist. she GETS more of course, but it's nice to know i can leave :)

Back
Top Bottom