UVB

I have a 16x16x30 name some uvb sizes i can use because none are 18in hoods and 16in bulbs or 20in hoods and 18in lights. Just please give me some uvb sizes UVB's i can use knowing that most are above 24in.

What kind of chameleon you have? Because if it’s veiled panther or Jackson you’re gonna have to get a 24x24x48 enclosure in which you might as well get the 24” uvb reflector with a 22” bulb

What kind of chameleon you have? Because if it’s veiled panther or Jackson you’re gonna have to get a 24x24x48 enclosure in which you might as well get the 24” uvb reflector with a 22” bulb
I have a veiled female . I wouldn't think i would have to upgrade the cage just too have a type of UVB, I have the compact now. But im sure i need the correct type.

I have a veiled female . I wouldn't think i would have to upgrade the cage just too have a type of UVB, I have the compact now. But im sure i need the correct type.
I’d hate to say it but even female veileds need a pretty large enclosure the size I listed below is the absolute minimum sized enclosure for a veiled although females don’t get as large as males they still get pretty huge and honestly a reptibreeze of that size isn’t that expensive and even if she’s a girl she can live in that from day one

The issue is the 16x16x30 is a "baby" cage. So a bulb that can fit on top wont go the full length of a 24x24x48.

Ideally you want a T5HO (6% or 5.0 depending on the brand"
They come in 22" length (24" hood)

I’d hate to say it but even female veileds need a pretty large enclosure the size I listed below is the absolute minimum sized enclosure for a veiled although females don’t get as large as males they still get pretty huge and honestly a reptibreeze of that size isn’t that expensive and even if she’s a girl she can live in that from day one
I completely understand that, but since there is a delay in delivery for my cage is there any UVB i can use besides the compact one?

Male Veiled will out grow that cage in about 7 months if feeding right. Compact won't reach that far down. I'm stuck with t8 18 inch right now till I get a t5 ho 24 inch.

Honestly I’d go for the t5 24” so you won’t have to replace another light believe me I’ve had lots of replacing and just a closet full of old supplies and I could’ve done without those payments too as they add up there’s nothing wrong with the light still hanging off the top my leaf tailed gecko is in a 12x12x18 and I have a 24” light over them and it’s no issue really just doesn’t look as great as it could but it works for then

Back
Top Bottom