UVB

Tylerdowd

So I currently have my chameleon in a exo Terra 45x90x90 and I want to upgrade him I will be building his enclosure myself I have an empty storage cupboard that measure 60cm deep its 110cm wide and because my upstairs is a loft conversion towards the top has a slant so the tallest part measures 210cm but my question is will my uvb be ok to use at a slant? Will it still be effective? And will he still get enough uvb?

It needs to be aimed down, the hood will do the aiming. Still needs to be in the middle of the cage. the "slant" should matter as long as the hood is aiming down, id say just hang the hook to the slant.

Your other isssue is the 210cm. That is VERY tall, and odds are you will need a 10.0/12% T5 HO, and have the sticks about 40cm or farther from the bulb(closer than that and you end up in the UVB danger zone). That should give working UVB for the top half of the cage.

So I currently have my chameleon in a exo Terra 45x90x90 and I want to upgrade him I will be building his enclosure myself I have an empty storage cupboard that measure 60cm deep its 110cm wide and because my upstairs is a loft conversion towards the top has a slant so the tallest part measures 210cm but my question is will my uvb be ok to use at a slant? Will it still be effective? And will he still get enough uvb?

I think the size is good—if a little tall.... If I'm reading you correctly, I think you meant the UVB would be higher at one end(?) There are some reasons I can think of why this might be done for gradient, but generally, if it were me, I'd make the enclosure a little shorter and flat on top with enough room for UVB, basking, and plant lights, etc up there. As long as the final basking area is at eye level or slightly above, it should be good.

Back
Top Bottom