Uvb

Anisa.corp

Established Member
I'm about to get my first veiled chameleon and I've been watching tons of videos on how to take care of them but I'm still confused on which uvb to use I know to use the reptisun t5 but should I use the 5% or 10%?

I'm about to get my first veiled chameleon and I've been watching tons of videos on how to take care of them but I'm still confused on which uvb to use I know to use the reptisun t5 but should I use the 5% or 10%?
Maybe this will help

Attachments

• Reptiles-and-UVB (1).pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Choosing-Correct-UVB-Lamp-2018-07 (1).pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 130
I also have one more question about the uvb. If you hang your basking light above the cage does that mean you also have to move the uvb light or is it ok for chameleons to get closer to that light?
for mine the heat lamp and the uvb sit at the top of the cage at the same height. so yes its fine for the chameleon to come closer to the uvb when basking.

I also have one more question about the uvb. If you hang your basking light above the cage does that mean you also have to move the uvb light or is it ok for chameleons to get closer to that light?
One solution many keepers use is centering the UVB directly over the basking site, and angling the basking light to shine on that same area. Basking lamps are easier to adjust (distance, angle, wattage) and mounting them at a angle also provides a gradient—an ellipse rather than a circle—with a warmer side closest to the lamp, and a less warm side further away. This give a reptile a choice of basking temps while keeping UVB levels relatively constant (though some angle their UVB as well—it depends on strength of UVB, distance to basking site, reflector or not, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom