UVB upgrade ?

chamili

Hey everyone . i just upgrade my uvb light from 5.0 bulb to 8.0 tube . and its about 10" from where he usually kicks it . i have 4 months old veiled boy :D . have any1 ever used 8.0 tube . should i keep it or change it to back to 5.0 ?

Hey everyone . i just upgrade my uvb light from 5.0 bulb to 8.0 tube . and its about 10" from where he usually kicks it . i have 4 months old veiled boy :D . have any1 ever used 8.0 tube . should i keep it or change it to back to 5.0 ?
What brand is it? I thought zoo med only had 2.0, 5.0, and 10.0?

Kindof curious myself as i have only ever seen 2.0, 5.0 and 10.0.

Zoo Med makes a "2.0" but isn't a 2.0... it's really just a 6500K lamp. I think Exo Terra makes a 2.0 but I don't know much about it.

5.0 and 10.0 are made by both Zoo Med and Exo Terra but I think Exo Terra makes an 8.0?

I would stick to the 5.0..... and maybe move his branch a little higher up.

over here in the uk we can get 2.0, 5.0, 6.0, 10.0, 12.0 ive never heard of an 8.0, but they are probably about tho.

rob

Zoo Med makes a "2.0" but isn't a 2.0... it's really just a 6500K lamp. I think Exo Terra makes a 2.0 but I don't know much about it.

5.0 and 10.0 are made by both Zoo Med and Exo Terra but I think Exo Terra makes an 8.0?

I would stick to the 5.0..... and maybe move his branch a little higher up.

get the branch close to the UVB?

btw he used to use it for his iguana , i mean my boy loves it , i when home yesterday from work he was chillin under it

Yes, he meant put the branch closer to the UVB light with a 5.0.

Also, UVB lights need to be replaced every 6 months or so, so if it is used, make sure it wasn't used for too long.

The UVB output starts to diminish. Reptisun's can be used for 6-9 months, but most other brands should be replaced more often.

The zilla dessert series? Those UVB lights have been know to kill reptiles.

Reptisun or reptiglo UVB lights are the ones you want. Reptisun's are better though.

thanks for the help
will this work ?
ReptiSun UVB 5.0 Fluorescent Bulbs
should i get 5.0 or 10.00 ? sorry about all the question im new and i want my boy to be as healthy as possible :)

you should stick with the 5.0. I know some people (including myself) have successfully used 10.0 but 5.0 is the more widely used. Just make sure you get the linear tube UVB. Reptisun is the way to go.

exo terra does infact make a 8.0... actually my herp vet just instructed me to use a 10.0 on my oldest panther.... but ya just get the perch closer to the uvb & stick with a 5.0. how much better are zoomed products than exoterra?

The zilla dessert series? Those UVB lights have been know to kill reptiles.

Reptisun or reptiglo UVB lights are the ones you want. Reptisun's are better though.

I spoke with a r-zilla rep. and he said their uv bulbs have been changed and checked to make sure the uv is in the safe range.

Back
Top Bottom