UVB reader.

Grasshopper

Is this ok? Wanted to get one so I can check her bulb between 4 and 6 months just to keep on top of it all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-212912_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-212912_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 98
Another question nothing to do with me or my cham, that group I'm in on Facebook has a girl talking about her cham falling over alot, losing balance. Some lady told her she needed to have her humidity at 20%. Correct me if wrong trust me she did I thought it was supposed to be between 40-70%

Another question nothing to do with me or my cham, that group I'm in on Facebook has a girl talking about her cham falling over alot, losing balance. Some lady told her she needed to have her humidity at 20%. Correct me if wrong trust me she did I thought it was supposed to be between 40-70%
40-70% is correct, not 20. There’s probably some sort of illness happening with her cham if it’s falling over/losing grip.

Yeah so this is why I avoid pretty much all Facebook groups... so yeah for a veiled they need a 40-70 range. Losing balance would be more of a uvb or supplementation issue. Be careful what you “learn” in that group...

Are the branches to big? Could that be the cause? She said she is going to just give him back to the pet store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190328-230526_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190328-230526_Facebook.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 95
I just laughed at the comment she got rude with me. Trust me I'm not going with anything they say, they also suggest the 5.0 instead of the 10.0, I'm sticking with you guys. Ive been learning alot from all of you and Grasshopper and I appreciate everything you guys have helped us with.

No, her chameleons poor health is to blame. If it’s from a pet store, most likely due to improper UVB and/or improper supplementation. Advise her to return it, and look for a real breeder, not a store of any kind.

The 5.0 or 6.0 Arcadia is fine. 10.0 is for large enclosures with heavy foliage. Most keepers will not need the 10.0 or 12.0 options.

Are the branches to big? Could that be the cause? She said she is going to just give him back to the pet store.
No the Cham is big enough to grip those although there should be a variety in branch sizes... the Cham looks very thin. More likely due to her providing improper husbandry or she got it that way...

The 5.0 or 6.0 Arcadia is fine. 10.0 is for large enclosures with heavy foliage. Most keepers will not need the 10.0 or 12.0 options.
Really for a veiled though. To get a 3 uvi reading at 7 inches I needed to go up to a 12 % from my 6%. With the 6 I was barely getting a 1 uvi at 7 inches. According to Arcadia veileds should have a 3-4 uvi.

I was wanting to get a Male (husband wants him) later on petsmart here has a young one. Should I not get him? I dont think I have any breeders around here. The girl has the set up that came with the cage she has had it on him for a while now. Told her she would have to get the t5ho but I was "wrong". They said the chameleon set is for chameleons no need to spend more money. I just stopped arguing with them and wished the little guy luck.

My Arcadia 6.0 reads 3.5 at about 4 inches, this is where my chameleon will tend to roam. You have to remember that it’s accumulative time under UVI as well. In the wild they are often in shade with only low levels of refractory UVI reaching them. In our enclosures, most areas receive good UVI penetration due to our lighting. On the other hand, my basking light provides strong UVI when given direct basking time.

I was wanting to get a Male (husband wants him) later on petsmart here has a young one. Should I not get him? I dont think I have any breeders around here. The girl has the set up that came with the cage she has had it on him for a while now. Told her she would have to get the t5ho but I was "wrong". They said the chameleon set is for chameleons no need to spend more money. I just stopped arguing with them and wished the little guy luck.
Don’t ever buy from a store, you will be perpetuating poor husbandry in the long run. Breeders ship safely, healthy chameleons to your door.

My Arcadia 6.0 reads 3.5 at about 4 inches, this is where my chameleon will tend to roam. You have to remember that it’s accumulative time under UVI as well. In the wild they are often in shade with only low levels of refractory UVI reaching them. In our enclosures, most areas receive good UVI penetration due to our lighting. On the other hand, my basking light provides strong UVI when given direct basking time.
What kind of t5 fixture are you using? I have a quad and that was what my readings were pulling was with the quad.

Back
Top Bottom