UVB question?

AgentP77

Hello everyone!

I have two Chams a veiled female and a Jackson both of them were rehomed to me with all supplies. They both had been housed in the typical chameleon kit with the compact UVB and useless blue lights. Since then the veiled is in a much larger cage and I have purchase T8 UVB for both but my question was do I just take the compact light out as well or would it not be bad to have both?

So what I have found in my research and even testing the compact with a solarmeter is they are literally useless. Giving off near to no UVB and appropriate distances. So there is really no point to have them. :)

So what I have found in my research and even testing the compact with a solarmeter is they are literally useless. Giving off near to no UVB and appropriate distances. So there is really no point to have them. :)

I was just looking some more and it seems it can hurt their eyes as well!! I can’t believe this product is even available so useless! Thanks I’ll be taking them out :)

I was just looking some more and it seems it can hurt their eyes as well!! I can’t believe this product is even available so useless! Thanks I’ll be taking them out :)
Yeah it is pretty sad what they sell and then what they put in "chameleon kits". Most of the stuff in stores is not at all the right items for them and can cause harm. :( Good job looking into it though!

If you already swapped them out to a long bulb there is no need for the compact. Like you said it can cause eye issues. I have heard of people putting grow lights in addition to the strip to help with the live plants but j don't know much about that.

If you already swapped them out to a long bulb there is no need for the compact. Like you said it can cause eye issues. I have heard of people putting grow lights in addition to the strip to help with the live plants but j don't know much about that.

Hmmm ok I might look into putting a grow light in cuz one of the plants isn’t thriving as much as I’d like! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom