UVB monitor

Sherbertsmysunshine

Chameleon Enthusiast
Does anyone know if. This would work to check the uv index in my enclosure? I attached a picture and if needed, I can get the link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-22-23-20-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-22-23-20-36.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 20
Thank you. Im going to compare the two, and maybe a couple different ones and see if I need to get the more expensive one.
I think there is one listed on that form I shared that was around 50 bucks. It isn't 100% accurate but its close enough that you should know if your chameleon is getting sufficient UVB or not and I believe someone on here uses that one.

I think there is one listed on that form I shared that was around 50 bucks. It isn't 100% accurate but its close enough that you should know if your chameleon is getting sufficient UVB or not and I believe someone on here uses that one.
Yeah, I found that one and a couple others I wrote down to compare the more expensive one.

Thank you so much @elizaann2 for all your help 😊

I ordered a solar meter and a waterproof camera to put in Sherbert's enclosure, I had one sitting beside the enclosure but the light makes it hard to see in his enclosure.

I'm really trying to do the best I can for Sherbert, thank goodness for black Friday deals to help with that lol.

I ordered a solar meter and a waterproof camera to put in Sherbert's enclosure, I had one sitting beside the enclosure but the light makes it hard to see in his enclosure.

I'm really trying to do the best I can for Sherbert, thank goodness for black Friday deals to help with that lol.
Oh my gosh I feel you! I totally took advantage of all of the black friday sales that I possibly could. I got more plant lights for my chams, upgraded enclosures, printed backgrounds and the start for my free range. All at a fraction of the price :). (And now I'm broke lol)

Oh my gosh I feel you! I totally took advantage of all of the black friday sales that I possibly could. I got more plant lights for my chams, upgraded enclosures, printed backgrounds and the start for my free range. All at a fraction of the price :). (And now I'm broke lol)
My next upgrade will probably be free range lights 😊

My next upgrade will probably be free range lights 😊

I never had much luck with free range lights. I just made a nice 2ftx4ft area with a basking light and a 4ft T5HO. This is his house, and he comes if he wants to bask, and comes back at the end of the day to sleep.

If i was going to make a free range lighting setup, id get a single 4ft (or 46" or whatever the standard size is) T5HO and place it along a window, as thats where mine would hang out the most.

they dont need to be under uvb 12 hours a day. 1 hour a day is plenty. Even 2-3 hours a week of direct sun outside time and running zero uvb inside is also plenty.

I never had much luck with free range lights. I just made a nice 2ftx4ft area with a basking light and a 4ft T5HO. This is his house, and he comes if he wants to bask, and comes back at the end of the day to sleep.

If i was going to make a free range lighting setup, id get a single 4ft (or 46" or whatever the standard size is) T5HO and place it along a window, as thats where mine would hang out the most.

they dont need to be under uvb 12 hours a day. 1 hour a day is plenty. Even 2-3 hours a week of direct sun outside time and running zero uvb inside is also plenty.
Okay thank you 😊
I planned to get the lights not only for the free range, but I'd have them if I get another chameleon in the future.

okay! it came in and I have absolutely no idea how to use it lol. no instructions, just the remote.
I'm trying to figure it out and watch chameleon academy at the same time :ROFLMAO:

When I press UV check, it doesn't do anything, not even outside.
I'm sure I can find a way to get it. I finally found a video of it. I'll try again here in a little.

Okay, so the UV thing is broken... It doesn't do anything but say what time it is. I think im going to return it and get the one I first thought of, if it doesn't work I will get the more expensive one.

Back
Top Bottom