UVB lighting

Hi all,

I have a 4 month old baby panther chameleon named Marty. He’s doing really great, so this post is mainly about double checking I have the correct UVB lighting for him.

currently he is in a 36x18x36 terrarium and I am using the zoomed repti-sun T5 bulb. I was told by a fellow chameleon owner that this bulb will be fine while he is a baby and in a smaller tank. Is that correct?

and when I move him into a taller tank what UVB bulb would you recommend?

Attachments

• E265D9D3-C92E-4BAF-8A5B-9E81DF20D39B.png
    E265D9D3-C92E-4BAF-8A5B-9E81DF20D39B.png
    390.6 KB · Views: 57
The compact bulbs are no good for chameleons unfortunately. They don't put out enough UVB and your cham will eventually develop MBD as a result.

You'll want to get a T5 5.0 HO linear bulb or 6% Arcadia linear bulb, and change the bulb about every 6 months.

The compact bulbs are no good for chameleons unfortunately. They don't put out enough UVB and your cham will eventually develop MBD as a result.

You'll want to get a T5 5.0 HO linear bulb or 6% Arcadia linear bulb, and change the bulb about every 6 months.
Okay, I’m looking on Amazon right now and have found the T5 HO lamp, 15 watts. Would you recommend that?

Last edited:
Okay, I’m looking on Amazon right now and have found the T5 HO lamp, 15 watts. Would you recommend that?
You’ll be needing to upgrade to the minimum of 2x2x4’ enclosure, so might as well buy the 24”. However, I checked yesterday for someone and Amazon doesn’t have the 24” fixture right now. You can get one from here though and at a better price than Amazon had been selling them. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html

Back
Top Bottom