UVB light

UVB dome light = mega ray or CFL

Both are not good for chameleons. The mega ray is too high of output. The CFL puts very little uvb out by the time its 6" away from the bulb.

The bulbs least affected by cage mesh are the T5HO's. However even with T8's losing 33-50% of the output, keepers have been doing fine for decades with 10.0/12% and even 5.0/6%.

If you are still shopping, id check out the 5.0/6% T5HO bulbs, they cost a bit more at first, but that evens out when you dont have to replace them as often. If you use me for example, T8 5.0 needed replaced as early as 6 months, however the 3 6% arcadia T5HO bulbs, i only had to replace once during the 6 year life of the chameleon. So i am getting around 3 years out of each bulb before they drop below recommended output levels.

UVB dome light = mega ray or CFL

Both are not good for chameleons. The mega ray is too high of output. The CFL puts very little uvb out by the time its 6" away from the bulb.

The bulbs least affected by cage mesh are the T5HO's. However even with T8's losing 33-50% of the output, keepers have been doing fine for decades with 10.0/12% and even 5.0/6%.

If you are still shopping, id check out the 5.0/6% T5HO bulbs, they cost a bit more at first, but that evens out when you dont have to replace them as often. If you use me for example, T8 5.0 needed replaced as early as 6 months, however the 3 6% arcadia T5HO bulbs, i only had to replace once during the 6 year life of the chameleon. So i am getting around 3 years out of each bulb before they drop below recommended output levels.
Thanks will investigate my lighting just got a Arcadia controller and Repti sun t 8 15 Watts and have been told to put inside the mesh
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom