UVB light strip

Destany

I was looking for ideas for how to lift up the uvb light strip off of the top of the screen cage.
Wanting to lift it up so the uvb is far enough away from my chameleons basking spot.

I was looking for ideas for how to lift up the uvb light strip off of the top of the screen cage.
Wanting to lift it up so the uvb is far enough away from my chameleons basking spot.
How handy are you? I built a rig for my Missus' tortoise table that could easily be adapted for atop a chameleon enclosure. The UVB is mounted on the underside of the flat 1x8, which leaves enough room to put a clamp light on each side without interference. Could be modified to go higher if necessary.

1649535716527.png

If you don't need to go so high and just want it off the screen, see the blocks I made for my cham's enclosure.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/

That is impressive, very impressive...and well above my skill level.
As long as you don't look at it too closely. 😁
At least it's functional.

The blocks in the link at the bottom can be done with a hand saw, and built up for more height if needed.

We could probably come up with other solutions with more information (pics of enclosure, bulb strength, actual distance needed).

I lIke this idea and much more precise.If I may interject if anyone feels like it is above their skill level with the slots it can easily be done drilling holes instead.Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom