Uvb light fixture

Uri

Avid Member
So rn I don’t have any issues but I do want a different fixture for my cham I want a bigger fixture that supports more t5 bulbs to make use fluorescent tube plant lights rather than the plant lights I use right now as I think it will provide even more white light to the enclosure and honestly the purple looks kinda ugly to me in my enclosure. I use a 22” reptisun 5.0 bulb and I wanna see what everyone else uses with t5 fixtures with multiple bulb fixtures with separate reflectors

I was thinking if the dual fixture by Arcadia 6% that comes with a daylight fluorescent bulb on light your reptiles but what does everyone else think? And if so should I use the 24” or 36” because I see people put it horizontally like I do across their top or diagonally ?

I was thinking if the dual fixture by Arcadia 6% that comes with a daylight fluorescent bulb on light your reptiles but what does everyone else think? And if so should I use the 24” or 36” because I see people put it horizontally like I do across their top or diagonally ?
Don't buy that... It is overpriced...

Are you wanting single bulb fixtures? I prefer 24 inch horizontally. if you go diagonally your going to lose a lot of space.

I run these https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html

Last edited:
Don't buy that... It is overpriced...

Are you wanting single bulb fixtures? I prefer 24 inch horizontally. if you go diagonally your going to lose a lot of space.
I want a dual bulb fixture so I can have a plant light on there instead of the small plant lights that I currently have. Is that so because I see many different opinions on horizontal or diagonal.

I want a dual bulb fixture so I can have a plant light on there instead of the small plant lights that I currently have. Is that so because I see many different opinions on horizontal or diagonal.
Its personal preference.

Can you tell me what species type and gender you want this for?

Its personal preference.

Can you tell me what species type and gender you want this for?
Yes I have a male trioceros jacksonii jacksonii that I bought from @JacksJill he turns a year old the 22nd I believe of this month I don’t have any issues with my current setup I just wanna get rid of the dome plant lights and add a dual t5 fixture for better brightness as rn I have to use multiple led lamps to get the bottom with my white lights to get all the way down

Yes I have a male trioceros jacksonii jacksonii that I bought from @JacksJill he turns a year old the 22nd I believe of this month I don’t have any issues with my current setup I just wanna get rid of the dome plant lights and add a dual t5 fixture for better brightness as rn I have to use multiple led lamps to get the bottom with my white lights to get all the way down
Ok I just wanted to make sure... Ok so the vivosun brand makes great dual fixtures. They have individual reflectors so you will not need a higher strength UVB bulb.
Just watch heat output. These are a bit less than their quads for heat output so I think it would work well for your Jackson's.
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Fluo...eywords=vivosun+dual+t5&qid=1630768281&sr=8-5

Other option is going arcadia route. Get their Pro t5 fixture and their jungle dawn LED light bar.

Your reptisun fixture is honestly subpar for the reflector it uses so this will reduce the light it focuses.

Ok I just wanted to make sure... Ok so the vivosun brand makes great dual fixtures. They have individual reflectors so you will not need a higher strength UVB bulb.
Just watch heat output. These are a bit less than their quads for heat output so I think it would work well for your Jackson's.
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Fluo...eywords=vivosun+dual+t5&qid=1630768281&sr=8-5

Other option is going arcadia route. Get their Pro t5 fixture and their jungle dawn LED light bar.

Your reptisun fixture is honestly subpar for the reflector it uses so this will reduce the light it focuses.
I was actually looking into Vivosun but I was very unsure and didn’t know how many chameleon people used this with success heat output has definitely been a concern for me I honestly might just do the vivosun dual instead of quad thank you so much do you know if it comes with lights included because I can’t see if it says or maybe I’m just blind

I was actually looking into Vivosun but I was very unsure and didn’t know how many chameleon people used this with success heat output has definitely been a concern for me I honestly might just do the vivosun dual instead of quad thank you so much do you know if it comes with lights included because I can’t see if it says or maybe I’m just blind
Oh never mind I saw it comes with bulbs I’m just blind 😅

They come with the daylight bulbs... So you would just pull one out and put in either your 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb. Then keep your 8-9 inch distance to basking. Like I said these have individual reflectors so your UVI output will be similar to a regular single bulb T5. If you have a solarmeter just double check your levels.

They come with the daylight bulbs... So you would just pull one out and put in either your 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb. Then keep your 8-9 inch distance to basking. Like I said these have individual reflectors so your UVI output will be similar to a regular single bulb T5. If you have a solarmeter just double check your levels.
I had a solar meter but I appear to have had a very expensive misplacement…

So rn I don’t have any issues but I do want a different fixture for my cham I want a bigger fixture that supports more t5 bulbs to make use fluorescent tube plant lights rather than the plant lights I use right now as I think it will provide even more white light to the enclosure and honestly the purple looks kinda ugly to me in my enclosure. I use a 22” reptisun 5.0 bulb and I wanna see what everyone else uses with t5 fixtures with multiple bulb fixtures with separate reflectors
I don't use T5 fluorescents for plant lights. There is currently no viable option for UVB, but fluorescents contain mercury, are less efficient (you'll need 3 T5 full spectrum bulbs to put out as much as one decent LED), don't last as long (1 year vs. 5 years), and don't provide the same penetration as LEDs.

There is little advantage in placing an over-length UVB diagonally, so I would stick with the 22" on a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure.

1630944063662.png

In the first diagram, ~302 sq. in. are not covered; in the second diagram, ~256 sq. in. are not covered. Net: 46 sq. in. (about 8%)

The actual areas of effect are somewhat smaller and tiered due to how the reflectors work.

Back
Top Bottom