UVB issue- Comments plz.

melvbrooke

I have been reading up on the forums today..and people are posting that the slimline 18" 50 uvb tube light by zilla is actually possible bad for your chameleon.

Im a little upset due to the fact a chameleon breeder here in town, told me it was completely ok for him when I was at the petstore on my UVB hunt.

So!!! Here is my question, I tossed the zilla and replaced it with a 20" zoo med terrarium hood with a Reptiglo 5.0 UVB light, is Reptiglo just as good as the Reptisun bulbs?

I checked all the open petstores around here no one seems to have the reptisun in stock so I settled for the Reptiglo.

- As well I have only had my chameleon for a little over a month with that light, should I be concerned he may have been effected by it?

i think retiglow would be 2nd on everyones list. a lot better than the zilla. i used the zilla for one week on one of my chams and it almost blinded him. ive used reptiglow and reptisun and i like them both.

Reptiglos are fine.
You just need to get buddy buddy with a member in CA that has a UVB meter to test your bulbs monthly after 6 months. :D

Oh my god...if he goes blind I would never forgive myself!

He shoots his food just fine. Never misses, and he likes to shoot water off of leaves as well.

Im really concerned that he could be developing MBD? - I put him out in the real sunlight for hours at a time. Im just hoping I caught my mistake in time to make sure that he will be fine.

mine didnt go blind. i switched the bulb when he started to close his eyes and members suggested i lose the zilla. well he slowly got better but had to force feed a few days because he couldnt see for like a week. "snow blindness" he is doing great now. you would see signs by now. he will be fine. its good to be on this forum and learn before small things (like a light recomended to us )hurt our babies.

None of the linear reptiglo or reptisun bulbs have ever been associated with causing eye problems or blindness. Nor have the reptiglo CFLs like the reptisun CFLs were. I use reptiglo on all my cages - personal preference.

I am seriosuly so greatful to be apart of this forum. I would have never known...Lol I had a funny feeling about that light..reason for my searching.

- Seriosuly wanna go punch that guy in the face. He breeds chameleons...he should know better.

I'm scared to think what he is doing to his own animals.

Back
Top Bottom