UVB hood?

littlefoot3

I'm just curious where you guys got your hood for your UVB light? I'm in the process of setting up my first enclosure right now. I bought a Reptisun (5.0) and then realized I didn't have anything to put it in. The hood at the pet store was $50, so I ran next door to Lowes to see if I could find a cheaper alternative but they didn't have anything smaller than 2ft. Is there anything out there not $50?

Also, the bulb ran me about $30. Should I return that and look for it cheaper elsewhere?

EDIT: I also meant to ask, any recommendations for hygrometers/thermometers? I've got a simple hygrometer right now and debating whether or not to get a digital thermometer or regular one. Open to suggestions for these as well!

UVB hood

Try walmart. I picked up a 18" under cabinet light, took off the plastic cover and found a bulb that fit. I believe it was under $20.00..Hope this helps..:D

Try walmart. I picked up a 18" under cabinet light, took off the plastic cover and found a bulb that fit. I believe it was under $20.00..Hope this helps..:D
I'll have to check that out! What I'll probably do is check in the cabinet aisle at home depot on my next trip there if they don't have something the correct size in the regular lighting aisle.. I seem to be going there pretty frequently lately since I decided to build my own cage.

I got the hood from Petsmart. I had a $5 coupon, so I was happy about that, and we got the bulb from a reptile show for a lot cheaper than the store.

I say return the bulb and buy a dual bulb setup from Light Your Reptiles who is a sponsor on here. I switched to that setup and it blows the ReptiSun setup out of the water that I was running before. The Arcadia 6% bulb is a much better bulb than the ReptiSun 5.0 bulbs.

I say return the bulb and buy a dual bulb setup from Light Your Reptiles who is a sponsor on here. I switched to that setup and it blows the ReptiSun setup out of the water that I was running before. The Arcadia 6% bulb is a much better bulb than the ReptiSun 5.0 bulbs.
I'm looking at their site right now, what fixture do you use?

Is it this one?

Back
Top Bottom