uvb fixtures

Edit: it will work with either a Zoo Med 10.0 or Arcadia 12% linear UVB when placed the correct distance away from your chameleon‘s tallest basking branch, but a T5 High Output linear fixture the length of, or a foot longer than, your chameleon‘s biggest cage he/she will be placed in with either an Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med 5.0 linear UVB bulb (again raised the correct distance away) is recommended if you don’t already have a T8

my cage is 48" tall, so if i get a zoo med 10.0 it will work? i can't seem to find any other fixtures with a good price.

my cage is 48" tall, so if i get a zoo med 10.0 it will work? i can't seem to find any other fixtures with a good price.
With the T8, yes. Just make sure to have the appropriate distance between the bulb and basking branch. I would at least get the 24” long fixture so you can use the guide in here: https://chameleonacademy.com/basics-uvb-for-chameleons/
And make sure to replace the Zoo Med 10.0 bulb every 6 months if you don’t have/get a Solarmeter 6.5

Edit: agree with below 👇🏼 T8s can work, but if you don’t already have one (and even if you do), a T5 HO is the way to go, it is much more effective, and UVB should be last thing you skimp on money-wise (though nothing should be skimped on)! Still get a Solarmeter 6.5 if possible, too!

Last edited:
@Beman you legit just saved me. I am upgrading carlys enclosure system, and I could buy those two items for less, than one fixture for reptisun on amazon.
You can buy all those fixtures for both UVB and plant lights hun. No need to buy a different one for the UVB bulb.

You can buy all those fixtures for both UVB and plant lights hun. No need to buy a different one for the UVB bulb.
I am getting a new UVB and fixture. I am going to keep my basking the same. which is in the zoo med dome. I will put my plant light in my dome because there are two spaces for lights.

okay thank you guys so much! i found an old fixture that we used for a black light, so i will just get the uvb light that @Beman recommended !

Back
Top Bottom