UVB fixture

FunkyJungle

Will a 24" UVB fixture with a 6% bulb be sufficient enough in a 24x24x48? I made sure to have branches about 12 inches from the top right under the light but im worried its not getting the full range of the enclosure.

As long as you have a T5 fixture, yes that is the correct size and strength uvb bulb. I believe you want basking to be about 9” down from it though.

Yeah its a T5 but it only lights up like half the enclosure since I have it going across. I guess I can add some higher branches then.

Yes, I have mine going across too. I have the basking light next to it and then my plant lights, so my enclosures get quite bright.

I figured a longer light fixture might do the trick.
Not really necessary. Your cham should seek out what it needs and/or wants, both basking & UVB-wise.
As long as you have a basking perch at the correct distance from the bulb, you should be fine.

FWIW, I set my perch(es) up so both basking & UVB provide ranges, so the cham can better seek out his/her preferences. ;)

Not really necessary. Your cham should seek out what it needs and/or wants, both basking & UVB-wise.
As long as you have a basking perch at the correct distance from the bulb, you should be fine.

FWIW, I set my perch(es) up so both basking & UVB provide ranges, so the cham can better seek out his/her preferences. ;)
He’s got plenty of branches to pick from but if he does go all the way to the other side of the cag
I do have a good distance for the branches and he seems to be fine. But I guess if some parts of the cage look darker then he won’t go there much.

So with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you have to have a branch 9 inches below it for the correct uvi level. They have to be able to get up to the correct UVI level. I prefer a T5HO fixture that runs the entire width of the enclosure as well.

For those of us that have chameleons this is what we do.

So with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you have to have a branch 9 inches below it for the correct uvi level. They have to be able to get up to the correct UVI level. I prefer a T5HO fixture that runs the entire width of the enclosure as well.

For those of us that have chameleons this is what we do.
Well my current fixture with is I think about 24” does entire width of the enclose. But if I put it across from one point of the enclose to the other which is about 35” give or take, it doesn’t run the entire width.

Well my current fixture with is I think about 24” does entire width of the enclose. But if I put it across from one point of the enclose to the other which is about 35” give or take, it doesn’t run the entire width.
You do not have to run them diagonally. You can run them side to side. But more importantly your distance has to be correct for the fixture type and bulb strength.

Back
Top Bottom