UVB controller / ballast?

JimLIZARD

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable one i can get in the UK? Certain things seem harder to get hold of over here

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable one i can get in the UK? Certain things seem harder to get hold of over here
Hi Jim,
Those of us in the US don't use those, they are an unusual item over here ....because they are really not available. :eek:
But I am pretty sure Arcadia makes some very nice reliable units.
Maybe a Google search or a swift check of eBay UK will turn up one.
I know they are suppose to be pretty good.... maybe someday they will make them in 110v for the North American market.
Cheers!
Todd

Thanks for the info guys, will probably go for one of those then. Was originally looking for a canopy type built in system but could only find dual ones, i.e Exo terra dual top and don't really need that to be honest.

I was torn between that Exo terra light unit or the Arcadia vivarium controller but wasn't sure how each performed.

I have this one on Amy's viv - it operates the all in one bulb. http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/lucky-reptile-bright-control-50w-bce-50-1619-p.asp I only have this as it came with Tommy and his set up. I like the Exo Terra dual top canopy, but like you say you have to put two UV strips in, plus the heat bulbs are too hot for what I needed.

Miss Lily,
Do you like that set up with the halide Bulb?

I was dying to find someone that has had one for a while.
It is not too strong for your Cham?
And.. how long do the halide bulbs last?
Sorry for the questions... I just had ask. :eek:
you can PM me if you want so as not to hi-jack this thread:D
They are not avail in the US... yet.
Thanks!
Todd

Back
Top Bottom