UVB Bulbs Keep Blowing!! Please Help!

This will be my 4th bulb I need to replace within the last 2 months. Im guessing my mister is the reason behind it but I cant tell. Is there any UVB lights I can use with a clear plastic across so water vapor cant get on the bulb? Or maybe a different nozzle for the mist king will help? I turned my fan off in my room thinking maybe the water wont rise as much?

Unfortunately that clear piece of plastic that keeps moisture from the bulb blocks beneficial rays. Before I switched to the proper UVB fixture my bulb blew out too. First let's make sure you've got the right fixture.

This will be my 4th bulb I need to replace within the last 2 months. Im guessing my mister is the reason behind it but I cant tell. Is there any UVB lights I can use with a clear plastic across so water vapor cant get on the bulb? Or maybe a different nozzle for the mist king will help? I turned my fan off in my room thinking maybe the water wont rise as much?
Your nozzles should be facing down. I’m assuming your running a t5ho fixture for uvb... they can burn out bulbs like that when the fixture is actually bad. Normally it is a ballast issue. I would replace your fixture. As stated you can not block the light.

I am having the same problem with one fixture. It was not getting wet. I think it is an issue with the fixture itself. Not an electrician. Maybe irregular current.

FYI, many types of plexiglass/acrylic are uv transparent. The enclosures at PetSmart have such a cover between the light and the enclosure, and if you look closely, you can see the ‘uv tested’ sticker on them. Just order a small piece of uv transparent plexiglass. My guess is amazon will have it.

Back
Top Bottom