Uvb bulb

RandellTheCham

Established Member
hello guys ive never used a uvb liner but use a bulb and never had problems everybody seems to dig into me for using a bulb

Is what i got ok

Attachments

• IMG_2269.PNG
    IMG_2269.PNG
    498.4 KB · Views: 87
What are the dimensions of your cage? I commonly see T5 or T8 linear fixtures with 18 - 24 inch bulbs used on adult sized cages. Arcadia 6% will be the right bulb.

What are the measurements for that fixture pictured?

What are the dimensions of your cage? I commonly see T5 or T8 linear fixtures with 18 - 24 inch bulbs used on adult sized cages. Arcadia 6% will be the right bulb.

What are the measurements for that fixture pictured?
46inches which is perfect to go across all 3 of my large reptibreezs

hello guys ive never used a uvb liner but use a bulb and never had problems everybody seems to dig into me for using a bulb

Is what i got ok
That is the one I use right now for my panther and jax, great lamps only the obvious downside of being a compact lamp which is more in the shape of the lamp than in the UVB output of it.
You best place the lamp horizontal because the most of the surface of the lamp is on the sides, placing a reflector above it will also help a lot (even a sheet of aluminium foil will help quite a bit).

It should give sufficient UVB for around 1.5 years according to test results but to be safe you best swap it out every 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom