uv light question

panthercross

i have a 2x2x4 foot cage, and in the very back i have a 18 inch retisun 5.0 and in the very front i have one. Is that too much? its just dark in his cage, its in a room with little to no sunlight

Just one reptisun 5.0 is good enough. If you want more light, go to lowes or home depot and get a bulb in the 6500-6700k (daylight) range. make sure it fits in the fixture you have.

I would use a dual 24" fixture and install a Reptisun 10.0 and a NatureSun or reptisun 2.0 and raise the fixture up a couple of inches from the top of the cage. Use an aluminum foil reflector to help direct light downward. You should not have light spilling over the sides of the cage or on the ceiling.

I would remove the one Reptisun. You do not want your chameleon to be forced under the UVB all the time where ever he moves. If you have it in the one area, he can choose to go under the light when he feels like it. I have two basking lights in the domes to brigten up my cage on both sides. They do not cover that much area but do brighten up the cage. The UVB covers alot of area opposed to the domes which are concentrated. My one basking is only a 20 watt which is really for light but he will bask under it from time to time even though it does not give out all that much heat. It is primarily for light

with your basking light it is dark? t8/t12 5.0 bulbs arent high output as far as lumens are concerned. usually your basking light makes up for that. i also use a dual fixture 5.0 reptiglo/6800k plant bulb. those two combined put out pretty good light. once the basking bulb (75 watt house bulb) is turned on the cage lights up like a nice sunny day..from the outside windows im sure my neighbors think im growing some greenary.

with your basking light it is dark? t8/t12 5.0 bulbs arent high output as far as lumens are concerned. usually your basking light makes up for that. i also use a dual fixture 5.0 reptiglo/6800k plant bulb. those two combined put out pretty good light. once the basking bulb (75 watt house bulb) is turned on the cage lights up like a nice sunny day..from the outside windows im sure my neighbors think im growing some greenary.

better be careful, they'll be calling the cops on you!

o about the cops showing up... my cops came to my door to look for someone who called 911 next door or something and I just have plants and misters gall-or with the windows open lol... Luckily they didn't look around though. even though they would just find chameleons and house plants

thanks for all the advice everyone seems to have a bit of a different method. not sure what to do yet. I have a large umbrella tree thats why its kind of dark. Not much light gets through the plant

Back
Top Bottom