Uv bulb for plants

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
What uv bulb for plants do I need that are in my room and the bulb would be about 1m from the plant. Plant is benjamin ficus about 2 meter high. And are those bulbs good for chameleons?

Plants don't need UV, they'll care more about the color temperature (5000k-6500k+ is best) and intensity. You'll probably want a separate bulb for the chameleon's uv; though plants can use the other spectrums that those bulbs put out, it probably won't be bright enough to keep them happy. I like to use separate LEDs for my plants as they are more energy efficient, though florescent with the correct intensity and color would be fine.

What uv bulb for plants do I need that are in my room and the bulb would be about 1m from the plant. Plant is benjamin ficus about 2 meter high. And are those bulbs good for chameleons?
I agree, plants don't need UV. ! meter is a long way though; you're going to need something with significant PPFD. We use these (the rectangular pad for my enclosure and single floods for individual plants), but IDK if they're available in Europe. These produce NO UV.

For that kind of distance, you may be looking at more like greenhouse-type fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom