Using Repashy Gecko food to gutload Dubia for Chams?

bake

http://www.reptilespecialty.com/store/supplies/diets-and-feeders/crested-gecko-diet-complete/

Ingredients:
Dried Honey, Whey Protein Isolate, Whole Dried Egg, Dried Fig, Dried Date, Flax, Kelp Powder, Sucrose, Dicalcium phosphate, Calcium carbonate, Malic Acid, Natural Banana Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Rosehips, Calendula Flower, Marigold Flower Extract, Phaffia rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Spirulina Algae, Turmeric, Potassium Citrate, Guar Gum, Canthexanthin, Calcium Propionate and Potassium Sorbate (as mold inhibitors), Rosemary Extract and Natural Mixed Tocopherois (as preservatives), Vitamin A, D, E, Menadione, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, B12, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin, Panthothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Beta Carotene, and Choline Chloride.

could this be used? and if it can be, can it be used without any other supplementation of food to the dubia colony?

i use it but in very small amounts. it does have prEformed vitamin A which if given too much can lead to organ failure and othe fatal problems. It also has a content of D in it, and given too much will lead to MBD (metabollic bone disease)
This is what Im currently using as a dry portion gut load.

3/4 cup bee pollen, 1/3 cup spirulina, 1/2 cup kelp powder, 1/4 cup Repashy CGD, 5tbs CanadianFeeders Cricket Chow, and aproximately 3/4 cup dried alfalfa, 1/4 cup organic uncooked sunflower seeds, and 1/4 cup of wheat germ.

I don't know what size colony of dubia you have but I would go broke feeding Repashy to my dubia. They eat like crazy, feeding my williamsi is one thing but 1000+ dubia? No not me.:)

Back
Top Bottom