USED LED GROW LIGHTS.

JackRipper

Avid Member
Why? Does the potency of the bulb dim the same as uvb lights? Do the growers know something about UVA bulbs that we dont? The only reasons I can think of is either they replace there bulbs yearly to keep up the highest of quality in plants, or they went out of business. They are coming out of freemont Ca, So I doubt they are going out of business.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-202228.png
    Screenshot_20191217-202228.png
    268 KB · Views: 72
LEDs do degrade over time but it typically takes A LOT longer to reach that point than with a UVB bulb. According to the site below LEDs should retain 70% of their original brightness even after 50,000-70,000 hours of use. That's over 10 years if they are on 12 hours a day.

Understanding the Cause of Fading in High-Brightness LEDs

Heat is the major factor that impacts the life of LEDs. If they continuously run too hot without sufficient dissipation (heatsinks) then their lifespan will be cut short.

If I were you I'd just purchase new bulbs from Amazon so you don't have to worry about your LEDs suddenly burning out. $40-50 is not a bad investment for something that should last you 10 years.

LEDs do degrade over time but it typically takes A LOT longer to reach that point than with a UVB bulb. According to the site below LEDs should retain 70% of their original brightness even after 50,000-70,000 hours of use. That's over 10 years if they are on 12 hours a day.

Understanding the Cause of Fading in High-Brightness LEDs

Heat is the major factor that impacts the life of LEDs. If they continuously run too hot without sufficient dissipation (heatsinks) then their lifespan will be cut short.

If I were you I'd just purchase new bulbs from Amazon so you don't have to worry about your LEDs suddenly burning out. $40-50 is not a bad investment for something that should last you 10 years.
So using heat lamps as for these would cut the life in half then. I'll use the clamp without the metal reflector so they can breath. Thanks :)

So using heat lamps as for these would cut the life in half then. I'll use the clamp without the metal reflector so they can breath. Thanks :)
They don't really put off much heat. I use 4 of them in dome lamps, all of which I can comfortably grab. A decent size reflector dome would be more than sufficient. Also, most domes have holes near the base of the socket to allow dissipation...

They go on sale often enough on Amazon... but personally, I'm not surprised or worried about a used sale so long as the seller's rating is good. I have bought so many of the different grow lights, I have a bunch that have barely been used collecting dust. This guy could be in the same boat and just clearing out what he doesn't need.

Back
Top Bottom