Use search : Need a reason?

The search engine would be much more helpful if people titled their threads more specifically. If your looking for 'impaction', one thousand three hundred and nintey six threads called 'help'....dont! :)

I have used the search function many times and been frustrated with it. Sometimes you want a quick answer and it is easier (and often quicker) to ask and get a response than to read through countless threads only to find that not one contains the information that you require!

I agree. I've tried the search function for some specific things and just got a huge list of threads that don't have much to do with what I was interested in. Although, I was able to find out lots of cool info about other things, that will come in handy, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm sure its easy to use for more general questions though.

I ditto everything thealissa said in his/her 4 points. Especially the part about things change, new ideas are always possible.

Maybe we (those of us who feel they have read the same question over and over just a few too many times for it to be fun) could put our efforts into helping develop the existing (but inadequate) FAQs. Then we can start referring people to the FAQs instead of retyping answers to common questions. Granted, people will (and should) still ask without checking the FAQs or Search first, but it will save some keystrokes and might eventually get more widely used.
send your ideas here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/faq-development/

I think this is a great idea. I would probably use it too!

Back
Top Bottom