Uroplatus Phantasticus ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Sorry this is a chameleon forum BUT I recently got a nice breeding pair from Yvette and def wanna share them with you all ๐Ÿ˜.

This is my boy
20220302_145906.jpg
20220302_150359.jpg
20220302_150420.jpg
20220303_124006.jpg
20220302_150350.jpg

And this is my female ๐Ÿ˜
20220302_144438(0).jpg
20220302_144748.jpg
20220302_150136.jpg
20220307_201509.jpg

Attachments

• 20220302_144428.jpg
    20220302_144428.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 65
Holy cow! Those phants are straight ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ!

I love how red/orange the female gets when fired up. And that male is just stunning! Love his colors and his notched tail. You gotta let me know when you get babies from them. By that time, I should be looking for a female for my male.
Man thanks I think these little fellas are super cool/crazy looking ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ! The male has these little spikes (almost looks like mini thorns) and was thinking of naming him Spike ๐Ÿค” lol. Love how smooth the female looks and her color also ! I got you brother think I'm gonna pair them tonight since she laid her duds like a week ago ๐Ÿ˜ˆ. So should have fertile eggs next month . We'll def work on getting your nice male a mate ๐Ÿ˜‰. Love the black spots on your guy . Mine has a few also its really cool !

Wow really? I started looking at Sikorae which are mossy leaf tail geckos and then stumbled upon these and now im infatuated ๐Ÿ˜. They're opposite of chams .. sleep all day and then when the lights go off they are ready to party ๐Ÿฅณ haha
I was never into reptiles before getting Beman. So my knowledge of reptiles is pretty slim other than chameleons lol. They are really quite incredible the way their tails look like a leaf.

It's a lot of fun to just search around the internet and social media for species of reptiles and amphibians you previously had no clue about. But yeah, these leaf-tailed geckos come from the island of Madagascar and pretty much take the same conditions we provide our chameleons.

It's a lot of fun to just search around the internet and social media for species of reptiles and amphibians you previously had no clue about. But yeah, these leaf-tailed geckos come from the island of Madagascar and pretty much take the same conditions we provide our chameleons.
Yeah thats one of the main reasons I wanted to get into these . Little less water and no heat but other than that pretty much the same care conditions ๐Ÿ™‚.

& @Beman I was the same way with reptiles until I got into chameleons lol . They're like a gateway drug to the rest of the lizard world ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Yeah thats one of the main reasons I wanted to get into these . Little less water and no heat but other than that pretty much the same care conditions ๐Ÿ™‚.

& @Beman I was the same way with reptiles until I got into chameleons lol . They're like a gateway drug to the rest of the lizard world ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
They really are the best gateway reptile drug! If youโ€™re willing to invest the time and effort into a Cham, youโ€™ll do great with most any reptile

Those phants are amazing! They are officially on the list ๐Ÿ™‚

They really are the best gateway reptile drug! If youโ€™re willing to invest the time and effort into a Cham, youโ€™ll do great with most any reptile

Those phants are amazing! They are officially on the list ๐Ÿ™‚
Couldn't agree more man ! Phants are easier maintenance but w tighter parameters. The sleeping all day is still funny to me lol. Thank you though man it's my first of many ! My goal is to continue to keep Chams but maybe more as pets but actual breed my Phants. Gotta get my ๐Ÿ’ฐ up before later this summer .. suppose to have a really nice pair/trio coming in but my pocket isn't ready ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

My goal is to continue to keep Chams but maybe more as pets but actual breed my Phants.
Dude that was my goal too! I planned to get more phants but then I talked to Chris about wanting F. willsii and the rest is history. Now that I have willsii, I really want more. They are just such a cool tiny species of chameleon.

My goal now is to get a large group of willsii as my normal species of chameleon. Then for pygmy I'll focus on superciliaris. And then I'll focus on phantasticus for my non-chameleon species. All of them take very similar conditions so having a room of these won't be unfeasible. The next part is getting the money lol. I seriously can't wait to see the babies you produce from your current and future phantasticus! That's really exciting!

Dude that was my goal too! I planned to get more phants but then I talked to Chris about wanting F. willsii and the rest is history. Now that I have willsii, I really want more. They are just such a cool tiny species of chameleon.

My goal now is to get a large group of willsii as my normal species of chameleon. Then for pygmy I'll focus on superciliaris. And then I'll focus on phantasticus for my non-chameleon species. All of them take very similar conditions so having a room of these won't be unfeasible. The next part is getting the money lol. I seriously can't wait to see the babies you produce from your current and future phantasticus! That's really exciting!
Man honestly you got a solid plan . I think it's really cool you're working with different species that most people aren't! Aren't willsii Canopy Chameleons? How small do they stay & are they montane species ? For now my phants are in their separate room being that it stays a little cooler in there .

& They finally will be meeting eachother today/tonight ๐Ÿ˜! Glad someone else is excited as I am lol . Can't wait to have some eggs next month !! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

@Mendez Sooo I paired them together the other night for the first time and the lights weren't out for 25 mins and this is what I walked in on ... View attachment 323809View attachment 323810
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ They wasted NO time haha !! Should have eggs this time next month super excited. Tried posting the video but it won't upload ๐Ÿ™„
That's absolutely incredible!!!!! Those babies are going to be awesome! I'm very excited to see what you will produce. Nice work mate!

Man honestly you got a solid plan . I think it's really cool you're working with different species that most people aren't! Aren't willsii Canopy Chameleons? How small do they stay & are they montane species ? For now my phants are in their separate room being that it stays a little cooler in there .

& They finally will be meeting eachother today/tonight ๐Ÿ˜! Glad someone else is excited as I am lol . Can't wait to have some eggs next month !! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Yep, willsii are canopy chameleons. They are montane-ish. They come from some of the same regions as phantasticus. They both benefit from seasonal fluctuations and can easily be kept in the same room as phantasticus. Willsii are absolutely tiny. They can easily perch on your finger. Smaller chams like willsii (canopy chameleons) and lateralis (carpet chameleons) seem to make ideal pets and/or breeding projects because you don't have to fight the weather too much. The room can take some summer and winter temperature fluctuations easily.

How warm/cold are you keeping your phant room at? My phant and canopy chameleons during the summer will get a room temp of 73-74F. And during the winter, I'll keep it cooler around 68 at peak hours. The nighttime drop will get down to 64-65F during the summer and down to the low 50s in the winter.

Yep, willsii are canopy chameleons. They are montane-ish. They come from some of the same regions as phantasticus. They both benefit from seasonal fluctuations and can easily be kept in the same room as phantasticus. Willsii are absolutely tiny. They can easily perch on your finger. Smaller chams like willsii (canopy chameleons) and lateralis (carpet chameleons) seem to make ideal pets and/or breeding projects because you don't have to fight the weather too much. The room can take some summer and winter temperature fluctuations easily.

How warm/cold are you keeping your phant room at? My phant and canopy chameleons during the summer will get a room temp of 73-74F. And during the winter, I'll keep it cooler around 68 at peak hours. The nighttime drop will get down to 64-65F during the summer and down to the low 50s in the winter.
So living in Florida our "winter" is much weaker than other places LOL. For now my temps are hitting about the same as you .. 73-74 max.. and then at night can get down to like 68 -67 .. hard to get much lower than that. Think I'm gonna be replacing an older ac unit in the near future๐Ÿ™„ and then I can prob get lower temps .

Back
Top Bottom