Urgent!

ColeCham

My cham has just fallen for the second time, his limbs and ribs seem to be fine,
but I find he has a very very soft grip, when he's on my hand he tends to slide a little bit because he doesn't grip hard enough. What should I do? :confused:

Yes, it could be a weakness caused by any number of things. Nutrition, supplementation, dehydration, stress... the "how to ask for help" form will be very helpful for us to give you a better guess at what's wrong. But I'd take him to a vet, because it might be something only seen in a blood test or something like that.

Fill out the form and include photos, of both the cham and his cage.

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther, Male, about 6 months. About a month and a half.
* Handling - Once in a while
* Feeding - Crickets, and the occasional silk worm, around 10 crickets a day (depending on their size), He eats everyday besides Saturday, Apple, carrots
* Supplements - Exo-Terra, i change each day for example monday calcium tuesday vitamen, etc.
* Watering - I use the little dripper, and yes I've seen him drink
* Fecal Description - His feces looks fine, and yes he's had his shots

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Screen, 48x24x16
* Lighting -12 hours
* Temperature - Around 75-78 and at night probably 68-72
* Humidity - Around 60% and by watering
* Plants - Hibiscus
* Placement - No it's in my bedroom, and its about 8 inches off the floor
* Location - Quebec, Canada

Are you supplementing with vitamins and such basically all week long? That's probably too much, and might be causing something...? not sure. I'd take him to a vet though.

I dust pretty heavily
That could very well be the problem right there. I believe that you can cause the kidneys(not sure if that is the correct organ) to shut down over time from over-supplementation, something like that any who.

I just took these,

Attachments

• SSPX0690.jpg
    SSPX0690.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 116
  • SSPX0691.jpg
    SSPX0691.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 104
It depends on the feeders you use and what your gut load is

If i were going to do that i would buy

silkworms
hornworms