Urgent help!

Neoki

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Sambava Panther Female.
Handling - Daily
Feeding - Locust with Repashy Dusting?
Supplements - Repashy
Watering - Mist 3 times a day and notice her drinking normally
Fecal Description - Normally white with poo on bottom

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Viv Exotic AX36
20121003_181520.jpg

Done up a bit more now
Lighting - 8-8 cycle and Arcardia t5 All in one unit. 100W Basking lamp
Temperature - Use Exo Terra Temp and Humidity digital. Normally around 21c in mid section and around 28-32 in basking spot.
Humidity - Normally around 60?
Plants - look in the picture there is a mixture
Placement - Head level height and have a fan to circulate air.
Location - UK

Current Problem - Jess is near death like. She has lost all energy and constantly has her eyes closed this morning. Took her to the local reptile shop and they gave her a bath to loosen any thing in her stomach.

There are no eggs present.

Yesterday she was ok, no sunken eyes nothing.

Snapshot_20130226.jpg

Above is what she looks like today. Lifeless.

Normally she looks like this
IMG_20120908_092034.jpg

IMG_20120725_161733.jpg

I have an appointment with a vet in kingslynn at 5pm today. It is now 11:28.

I would try a long shower in the bathroom until you have to leave for the vet. Put her on a plant and face the shower against the wall so that she gets the mist. Maybe she is dehydrated.

Im so sorry your girl isnt well :(

How do you know there are no eggs present? If I was you I would get her X-ray at the vets today because she looks big. It's scary that this happened all of a sudden, can't the vet see you sooner or is there an ER vet anywhere?

Keep her warm and comfortable. I hope you find out what's wrong and she gets better!

No ER for Chameleons.

Shes in the shower now but did have her in a bath of warm water.

Shes got no life in her no grip nothing :(

She is critical. Had some baytril and hydrotherapy. £28 for everything.

Shes really really bad though

I am so sorry to hear that Jess isn't doing well. She certainly doesn't look good. Do you know why the vet prescribed Baytril? Was there an infection present? Has a fecal been done to check for parasites? Please know that Baytril will wreak havoc on her kidneys so make sure to keep her hydrated to the point that if you don't see her drinking, take a syringe and drop droplets onto her nose until she starts to drink. It may take some patience but she will drink eventually. Can't lose her to a problem caused by the meds given to help her. Good luck and I will keep Jess in my thoughts.

Shes breathing every couple of minutes. Shes on her last legs.

The antibiotics were given due to possible infection but was told to keep her hydrated. Shes not drinking and not moving at all.

Shes fighting but this is very serious and I think shes almost dead :(.

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear this. Any idea what happened to cause such a quick decline?
RIP Jess

Back
Top Bottom