URGENT HELP DEHYDRATED AND THROWING UP

Please remove the substrate.
Did you have the same substrate in the other cage?
When was the last time he produced a big proper poop?

for the last couple of months I moved from crickets to meal worms and I would dust with calcium with out d3 for every feed ever other day. I would also feed him multivitamin and calcium with d3 once a week. I would feed him 5 meal worms every other day

I’m concerned that your chameleon may have ingested some of the substrate or could still ingest some of it accidentally because he’s sick. That would lead to an impaction and death.
Thats why I’m asking about his pooping.

I’m concerned that your chameleon may have ingested some of the substrate or could still ingest some of it accidentally because he’s sick. That would lead to an impaction and death.
I don't think he ingested the substrate I think is neglect on my part this is my first chameleon and had him for about 2 years. at this point I don't know if he would survive the night.

Did the vet say anything about the tongue? Why it’s like that?
If the chameleon was overdosed with D3 and is developing MBD, that would explain the tongue not being able to be extended and his weakness and maybe a few other things.
Did the vet mention MBD at all?

he wasn't able to swallow any crickets but I did give him water my best guest is he might have mbd he is very dehydrated and I think stress

it might be to late for him

Yes and it would cause regurgitation

What can happen with D3 toxicity is a condition called hypercalcemia, this is when the calcium leaches into the bloodstream. This can collect in unwanted places and harden organs including tongue & kidneys.
I would suggest stop all supplements D3 and calcium untill balance is restored, water and the pain killers will be good as can imagine would be extremely painful. return to calcium dusting before back on schedule. but I am not a vet and this not a diagnosis.

Hope your guy can get back on his feet soon good luck🍀

Back
Top Bottom