urgent ...Female panther chameleonno eat for 3 months

MPTP

My friend has a 9 mo old female panther,and keeping for 5 mo ,hasn't been eating 2 months by herself , the mental states and other things of the female are all very good, but need owner feed by hand with opening the mouth , how solve this problem?
what cause this situation?

there is nothing wrong with handfeeding. can the chameleon shoot its tongue or are you trying to say it cannot shoot its tongue?

Never seen she shoot a cricket

It never eats crickets in the cup and have never also seen she shoot a cricket, weekly adding calcium twice, UVB5.0 for 8 hr/day, open mouth by hand (sometimes it will open a mouth auto by itself) every day, it keeps on swallowing by itself
the female every thing is ok but by hand to feed

Has he tried feeding her different feeders? Also, she can have a tongue infection, have you taken her to the vet?

so for 5 months, it never has used its tongue you are saying. It is possible that she has a permanent injury to its tongue then. MBD (METABOLIC BONE DISEASE) can also cause tongue issues but if your cham has been supplemented and the feeders have been gutloaded(fed nutritionally) with correct lighting then MBD is probably not likely

its tongue color and mouth liquid seem to be ok

It is normal at starting keeping, my friend tried to feed the other insect species, didn't eat also . It will stretch out a tongue by itself when feeding by hand to stuff the food into the mouth,then, swallow, never seen its tongue color abnormality, mouth cavity's liquid seem to normal too,no MBD because she often be feed liquid calcium.

你好 我也是中国人

我建议你给你的母七彩 喂幼体的蝈蝈 或者其他绿色昆虫试试看
我之前有条母龙 产后虚弱一直不肯吃食 只是喝水 后来就更换螽斯喂他吃 自己就吃了

祝你好运!:d

如果你拿昆虫给她,他连看都不看 可能就是身体内部有问题 他没有食欲

如果他总是盯着昆虫来看,有时甚至出现 舌头蠕动的动作 但就是迟迟不去捕食,那就是口腔,舌头 或者食道出现了问题

希望我的经验可以帮到你!

Owl...could you post what you are writing in English so we know what you are saying...since this is an English forum.

So being chinese and junk.... I can't speak or read chinese... LOL, but my mom can!! Because translaters on the internet suck, I asked her. We tried our best, but given the english language and it's gay grammar, yeah...

Anyways, here's was Owl said, with our best attempt of adding grammar into a grammar free language, lol oh fun....

Hello, how are you, I'm chinese.
I suggest you feed your chameleon with wax/silk worms or other green insects (most likely talking about grasshoppers).
I used to have a chameleon. After she gave birth she didn't want to eat, just drink water. After I changed the type of insect and it ate by itself.
Good luck!

If you give insects to her and she wont even look at it, it could be something wrong with the intestines that makes her not want to eat. If she just stares at the insect, sometimes just shoots her tongue, but doesn't really want to catch it, that means her mouth or tongue or intestines has some problems.
I hope my experience can help you.

Sooooo to translate it even MORE so it makes actual sense:
He's pretty much saying try different types of insects. But chances are there's something wrong with either her mouth, tongue, or stomach.

Hope the above helped guys! Not gonna lie, we had fun trying to figure out what the heck he was saying... lol

I'd just say your best bet is to take her to the vet have them check her out. I have NOOOOOO clue what would cause her not to eat by herself.
Best of luck man, keep us updated!

do you have a glass or screened cage? Your cham could have injured itself while shooting against the glass. either way i say take her to a vet and get her tongue and mouth checked out. And maybe check for MBD.

:rolleyes::eek:;)i am so sorry !!!

i was so worry just ~so i write my mother tongue!

i just say change the species of the insects

i say Stick insect and Tettigonioidea are good for some chams!:D

So being chinese and junk.... I can't speak or read chinese... LOL, but my mom can!! Because translaters on the internet suck, I asked her. We tried our best, but given the english language and it's gay grammar, yeah...

Anyways, here's was Owl said, with our best attempt of adding grammar into a grammar free language, lol oh fun....

Sooooo to translate it even MORE so it makes actual sense:
He's pretty much saying try different types of insects. But chances are there's something wrong with either her mouth, tongue, or stomach.

Hope the above helped guys! Not gonna lie, we had fun trying to figure out what the heck he was saying... lol

I'd just say your best bet is to take her to the vet have them check her out. I have NOOOOOO clue what would cause her not to eat by herself.
Best of luck man, keep us updated!

you are righe !!!!

thank you !

all you translations is what i just expression !!!

lol I think you mean 'expected'.
And no worries... Now you can write in your native language and I'll just have my mom translate it (and for any other traditional chinese speakers), as it might be easier for you.

Could the chameleon be gravid?
Does she have a place in her cage to dig so that she can lay eggs if she needs to? Female panthers can lay eggs without having been mated.

Hyokenseisou...thanks for the translation!

lol I think you mean 'expected'.
And no worries... Now you can write in your native language and I'll just have my mom translate it (and for any other traditional chinese speakers), as it might be easier for you.

:D
thank you and thank your mother!!!!!

thanks, first try it

Take some novelty insect come to her to feed and see what reaction she will be? then ,open her mouth to check out
thanks all your help

I guess that the chameleon is too stressed by feeding when opening mouth by force. Maybe a suitable first step would be less stressful hand-feeding. I have quite positive experience with feeding when the mouth is open because of drinking.

It can be arranged for example putting the cham into the shower, hand-misting gently. And when she starts drinking, put a sufficiently smal criket into her mouth. She will eat it automatically. Just before finishing with the first cricked, put into her mouth the second (it can be a bit larger than the first one), ...

It helps to continue misting during the entire procedure, the cham is blinded by water and less stressed.

It is possibe that after a few weks she will be less stressed by seeing you and she will start eating from your hand.

Back
Top Bottom