Ups sux

I also think UPS is the best company overall for important packages... FedEx can't quite hang and DHL is a joke. UPS does cost a bit more on average, but if it saves you losing one out of 100 boxes, it's worth it. If you were shipping supplies, I'd probably use FedEx because you'd save a few bucks and the delivery date isn't as critical if it was late a day or two. In all the hundreds or thousands of "live" packages I've shipped, I've been pretty impressed overall with UPS.

tyler if ups were to have a mix up on one of your live shipments and it got there dead, obviously you'd be entitled to the shipping

but do they compensate you or let you insure the live arrival of an animal?

you have to have a ups account and tell them its live package ahead of time correct?

your not out of 200 bucks if they mess up right?

The only thing you get out of them if they are later than the guaranteed time (which sometimes is 12:30 or even 5:30 more and more on Next Day Air shipments) is the price you paid for the shipping. They won't guarantee or insure anything live. If you tell them you want insurance, they'll tell you to ship with someone else. If something is late and you mention to them that it's a live animal, they seem to care a little bit more and try to get it figured out, but it still doesn't really change anything as far as their liability.

Technically, to ship live animals with them, there's a paperwork process you go through, and they basically approve of your shipping methods and ask what you're shipping. So if something is missing or late, and I do call and tell them it's an animal, they'll usually throw a little bit of a fit and say they don't ship animals, but I just tell them to go look at my paperwork and to find my damn animal. Even their own operators don't always know the rules until they can find proof that you have it done. If you don't have the proper paperwork filled out, they might make a bigger deal about it. Also, they don't ship snakes, amphibians, and a few other things, but lizards kinda slip right through the cracks of their paperwork. I have also been shipping quite a few tortoises with them lately and that's apparently ok also.

well i got my cham today. i called this morning to my local ups center and gave them my tracking number and had them hold it there for me. after having bad luck on thursday on my other shipment i didnt want to chance my cham. i got him in my truck and opened the lig of the bao an his cup and boy was he mad ! ! ! hes has since calmed down now that i have him in his new home

FedEx Ground is faster and cheaper than UPS. Plus, they deliver on Saturday. They haven't lost a single package from me. One package had a piece broken and they could not have handled it better. They were more than happy to accept a digital photo from the customer as proof. I did have to speak to two supervisors (one at a different division), but they also accepted my offer of free overnight shipping of the replacement part instead of filing a claim. They made a mistake and they worked with me to get the problem resolved as quickly as possible so the customer's system would be working asap.

Stuff happens. There's no way any company can get 100% of things right all the time, but man, they're doing extremely well by me! Heck, I once shipped a Pelican Rifle Case from Vegas to Arkansas. I took it to FedEx Kinkos on Sunday night at 9:30 pm and it was delivered on Wednesday morning and this was Ground service! It cost a whopping $12, too.

UPS in Vegas is horrible and I honestly don't know how DHL stays in business.

Back
Top Bottom