Updated.

Curtis James

Established Member
I have added a vine plant in place of the dragon, I took out the waterfall feature well Just for fun now Added a misting system. What do you all keep your crickets in?
090791B5-FE49-4184-9221-D914A635C41E.jpeg

I have added a vine plant in place of the dragon, I took out the waterfall feature well Just for fun now Added a misting system. What do you all keep your crickets in? View attachment 226896
Deep sided plastic totes are generally best. I don't use too many crickets so tend to keep in them in small clear plastic containers they come in. I separate them and have some gutloading with fresh and some 'in stock' just on bug burger. You have to use a deep container to work in though or they'll be everywhere in the house. Gotta keep things clean though or they stink!

We have our “colony” in a few tall plastic totes, but I use a large cricket keeper for the ones I keep nearby to gutload and feed. I love the cricket keeper as i dont need to touch them! I took a sturdy tall deli cup and cut a little flap in the lid so that’s also my escape/touch proof duster

I cup feed in the enclosure. Just a solo cup is fine. But I use bioactive, so mine hunts black soldier flies, hornworm moths, and superworm beetles daily.
You're brave letting supers roam in a bio active. Just the odd escapee gives me the creeps. You can hear them munching on things but can never find them. And when you do find the beetles, they stink like hospital antiseptic. Yuck!

He seems happier with the water being on plants and not waterfall. But today seems really dull in color. He is eating about 10-15 crickets a day. Won’t touch the blue horned worm. Maybe just freaked out a little bit still that I changed his whole cage around. For feeding I put crickets in cup (pictured) should I try to get off bottom of the cage? He really only feeds from hand or like free range crickets. I hate crickets even more when they somehow escape. I also just keep 100 crickets at a time so I have a simple cricket holder from PetSmart. Cage temp 72, basking spot is 87 maybe turn down basking spot a bit?

looks great!!! yea I hate escaped crickets... came back from the store once and accidentally dropped a bag of 4 doz lrg crickets!!!! it sucked, not to mention the two people in the house completely terrified of crickets!!!

Back
Top Bottom