Updated cage: is this enough now?

samanthanortonn

Tito update: after reading a few more articles I went and bought him a golden pathos plant, another artificial silk plant, and more vines. For his substrate I put down the substrate I was using for him before to keep humidity in but placed paper towels over it so he can not consume the substrate if he eats off the floor. Does this look good for his set up? I have all the necessary bulbs and thermometers, I’m just more concerned on plants and vines that I’ve added.

Attachments

• A4A3BE91-95C5-4BE0-961E-AE21911AF91F.jpeg
    A4A3BE91-95C5-4BE0-961E-AE21911AF91F.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 99
Tito update: after reading a few more articles I went and bought him a golden pathos plant, another artificial silk plant, and more vines. For his substrate I put down the substrate I was using for him before to keep humidity in but placed paper towels over it so he can not consume the substrate if he eats off the floor. Does this look good for his set up? I have all the necessary bulbs and thermometers, I’m just more concerned on plants and vines that I’ve added.
Good for you for getting a live plant! Chameleons like to stay in the mid to upper range in general (even though they will roam) and need places to hide and branch networks to climb. They like horizontal branches to bask and walk across and need network branches too so they can get from A to B with lots to grab onto. Here is a great resource for ideas on healthy ways to set up your enclosure https://chameleonacademy.com/basics-the-chameleon-cage/

It’s better...a good start. I know it’s really hard to make so many changes in a really short amount of time. Here is what I would do.
That looks like a really nice pothos...very thick. I’d carefully separate it into 2-3 pots, which would allow you to spread them out. Make sure to wash the leaves well of any pesticides or fertilizers that may have been used. Some chams will eat dirt, so cover the dirt around the plants with clean rocks that are too big for your cham to eat.
Go outside and look for some branches of varying widths. Avoid pine and any trees that have sap. Oak is really good. Give the branches a wash with dish soap and then rinse well with the hose. You can attach the larger branches to the enclosure frame (thin florist wire and fishing line work pretty well) and then attach the smaller branches to the big branch.
Oh...and the substrate really does need to go. Ideal humidity is between 30-50% which is actually much drier than one would think. The live plants will help add and maintain humidity.

Back
Top Bottom