Update on the gang

deadhd5

Avid Member
I haven't been on the forums as much as I would like, or shared any pics lately... Work is killing me! I snapped a couple new ones today, let me know what you think :)

First, an update shot of the cham room. It is now an official tropical biosphere...
IMG_20130530_172207.jpg

Here is Malcolm after a shower. I wish I could get a good one of him while showering, his bars go white and he turns all bright yellow / orange. Here he is progressing back to rest colors after returning to his clean enclosure.. He sucks in his eyes while showering, so don't worry, he is not dehydrated (he just had a 30 min shower!)

IMG_20130530_164030.jpg

IMG_20130530_164347.jpg

IMG_20130530_165225.jpg

And here is one of Moe acting goofy on the free range..
IMG_20130503_151627.jpg

Then chilling under his Arcadia T5HO..
IMG_20130530_171938.jpg

Reggie Jackson also got a shower today and was looking handsome..
IMG_20130530_171848.jpg

Enjoying his Arcadia T5HO and some cool vapor
IMG_20130530_171727.jpg

And last but not least, my panther girl little Nelly. She is very sweet, and very shy... Here she is watching today's events, making herself inconspicuous..
IMG_20130530_171515.jpg

and her sweet praying / don't hurt me pose :)
IMG_20130530_171627.jpg

Hope you guys approve...
In other updates, I have successfully bred my land snails... Pics of the process and babies in another thread shortly (baby snails are cute!). I also have got the silkworm breeding down and have a nice rotation of home bred silkworms to add to the crickets, roaches, and snails :) So despite not being on the forums much, I have been busy!

Love, Love , Love your cham room:D and by the looks of them in the pictures so do they. I notice you said you use Arcadia bulbs, so do we. I noticed a huge improvement in the chams overall when we switched out the lights to Arcadia bulbs. You got some nice looking chams:)

I just love your guys Eric. Malcolm reminds me so much of my Jr. Moe and Reggie are looking great too and that little Nelly looks like the sweetest little girl.

Last edited:
Very nice setup! I really like that first pic of Moe! What is special about those bulbs?

Thanks!

They put out a more consistent, higher intensity UVB than T8's or other brands of T5HO. The bulbs are also good for 1 year plus, as opposed to just 6 months for Reptisun/glo bulbs. My chams seem to be healthier and more active since making the switch. I also have cut way down on the supplemented vit D3 as a result of these bulbs.

I just live your guys Eric. Malcolm reminds me so much of my Jr. Moe and Reggie are looking great too and that little Nelly looks like the sweetest little girl,

Thanks Jann! That is quite a complement you gave Malcolm :) He is just the most friendly / curious chameleon I have known. He just loves company and spends the most time on the freerange.

I think your guys look great! :)

Love, Love , Love your cham room:D and by the looks of them in the pictures so do they. I notice you said you use Arcadia bulbs, so do we. I noticed a huge improvement in the chams overall when we switched out the lights to Arcadia bulbs. You got some nice looking chams:)

Thank you both :) I can't even calculate the hours of work put into this room and these guys...

To see them happy and thriving is what it is all about, and its nice to share it with fellow chameleon aficionados!

How to you shower them?
Do you put them directly underneath the shower?

I put a 3' tall ficus in the shower against a wall and then point the showerhead directly at the wall about 2' above the top of the plant so water bounces off onto the plant. This works great, creating more of a mist than a shower and allows the water to cool off a little. This cooling allows for the water to be fairly warm when it comes out of the showerhead, and creates a nice warm steam that is also beneficial.

Very nice, I only have ever had one cham at a time but that inspires me to have more, maybe even babies! Well done!

Back
Top Bottom