update on the baby quads

pamnsam94

Established Member
Ten of the 14 baby quads are 3 weeks old today! On my thread "FYI on quad eggs", the pic of a baby hatching shows what I believe to be a female about 5 minutes before she completely came out. It was taken on May 2nd. She actually took a little longer to emerge than the others. She's also the only one with a deformity, a tail that has a constant loop. Hard to explain but I'll post pics of her later. That was one of only a few pics I took that day. I'm just now (about 3 weeks later) starting to take some more photos. Very busy around here. :) The 5 pics on this thread are of what I believe is one of 6 of her brothers (guessing 8 females and 6 males). Not the best pics but I'll try again later. Enjoy.

Perry

Attachments

• DSC06284.jpg
    DSC06284.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC06287.jpg
    DSC06287.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC06296.jpg
    DSC06296.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC06300.jpg
    DSC06300.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC06301.jpg
    DSC06301.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 116
Congratulations. When they are old enough are you going to sell them on these forums?

Thanks. Honestly, I haven't thought much about it yet. Just like I don't count my quads before they hatch, I don't count on selling them before they get to that age. :D When/if I have the opportunity to sell/distribute/trade for new blood, people on this forum are certainly some of the best keepers and will hopefully be able to eventually use these guys in breeding programs.

Nice chameleons, you don't here about quadricornis being born that much. Are they CB or CH.

Thanks. The babies hatched from eggs produced from LTC parents. Quads are certainly not hatched as much as some other species but the real challenge (in my experience anyway) is to successfully raise them to adulthood (keeping them in good health all the while and not causing them to develop any problems, especially organ damage which is often expected when a chameleon develops a gular edema) and then to repeat the whole process.

Perry

Thanks. The babies hatched from eggs produced from LTC parents. Quads are certainly not hatched as much as some other species but the real challenge (in my experience anyway) is to successfully raise them to adulthood (keeping them in good health all the while and not causing them to develop any problems, especially organ damage which is often expected when a chameleon develops a gular edema) and then to repeat the whole process.

Perry

You nailed it. Having them is just the first step. I am not even sure I want another clutch, and quads are what I love most. Just too hard when they don't make it.

literally the cutest things ever ugh i love quads one day i will own one haha i love them so much! but for now im just sticking with my jacksons :)!

Oh I cant wait for day I am where you are. Great Job!!! I have great hopes of getting a good cb population going up here....one day

Back
Top Bottom