Update on my veiled chameleon

BCboom

So I have made some changes since my last update, I have added more branches, got live plants, got a t5 uvb, and got multi vitamin.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon named Skipper. Have had him for 2 1/2 months
  • Handling - Almost never, sometimes take him out when adding new things to his cage.
  • Feeding - I feed him crickets, bsfl, mealworms (only feed him mealworms when my insect shipment got delayed). I give him about 8-14 insect every day
  • Supplements - I dust my insect with calcium without d3 every day, Calcium with d3 twice a month and Multivitamin twice a month
  • Watering - I mist my chameleon cage 3 times a day for about 1 minute each mist. I see him drink often.
  • Fecal Description - His feces is normal, and his urate part is always white. No he has never been tested for parasites.
  • History - Had him for 2 1/2 months, very active, eats alot

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen Mesh 16" L X 16" W X 30" H (plan on upgrading once he grows bigger)
  • Lighting - I use a basic heat bulb and a t5 5.0 linear uvb
  • Temperature - average cage temp is around 70, basking spot is 75-80
  • Humidity - I mist him 3 times a day for about 1 minute each
  • Plants - I am using a pothos, and a tropical plant. (Plan on getting a croton soon)
  • Placement - It is located on a small bookshelf not near any vents.
  • Location - New England USA

Current Problem - Just a check in

IMG_1464.jpg IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1462.jpg IMG_1461.jpg

I will get a better picture of the actual chameleon later (he goes in the corner whenever I try to take a picture of him :/ )

Your cage is extremely bare and is very far off from where we need it to be. First off, add more live plants. You NEED to do this. Your cage is has little to no plants so it has no foliage. Your chameleon probably feels very stressed that it doesn't have any privacy and places to hide. Add plants ASAP. Also, the branches are way too big. Since your cham is so small his hands cannot properly grab those branches, even for an adult that's too big. Take those branches out and replace them with smaller ones. Remove that fake plant, vieled chams in paticular eat plants and since it's plastic if he eats it he will get impacted and that may lead to very serious consequences. Put your pothos on the highest area of the cage so I can cascade downwards and provide folliage. Also, is that huge bucket for his feeding? If it is I would recommend something way smaller, it can be as big 5 inches you don't really need anything more than that. Also once you get a smaller feeder cup put it high up in the cage as well because since they are arboreal creatures, that's where he will spend a lot of time and see the bugs. This seems like a lot, but I believe in you, you got this!! :)

Your cage is extremely bare and is very far off from where we need it to be. First off, add more live plants. You NEED to do this. Your cage is has little to no plants so it has no foliage. Your chameleon probably feels very stressed that it doesn't have any privacy and places to hide. Add plants ASAP. Also, the branches are way too big. Since your cham is so small his hands cannot properly grab those branches, even for an adult that's too big. Take those branches out and replace them with smaller ones. Remove that fake plant, vieled chams in paticular eat plants and since it's plastic if he eats it he will get impacted and that may lead to very serious consequences. Put your pothos on the highest area of the cage so I can cascade downwards and provide folliage. Also, is that huge bucket for his feeding? If it is I would recommend something way smaller, it can be as big 5 inches you don't really need anything more than that. Also once you get a smaller feeder cup put it high up in the cage as well because since they are arboreal creatures, that's where he will spend a lot of time and see the bugs. This seems like a lot, but I believe in you, you got this!! :)
I plan on getting a croton plant soon so that should help cover the cage some more. Yes, the bucket is for feeding and I can try to get something a bit smaller. The branches actually work well, he has never fallen off any of them, the picture makes the branches look bigger than they actually are.

I plan on getting a croton plant soon so that should help cover the cage some more. Yes, the bucket is for feeding and I can try to get something a bit smaller. The branches actually work well, he has never fallen off any of them, the picture makes the branches look bigger than they actually are.
Sounds good! You definetly have to get more than one plant though, I suggest at least 4 more.

Back
Top Bottom