Update on Kiki

userBandit

Hey so I started a thread a few weeks back talking about how my chameleon is receptive and she won’t stop climbing all over the enclosure.

how long does this receptive period last? It’s been a long time I feel like and she still won’t lay those eggs. Even with giving her a bunch of privacy.

she’s just getting bigger and bigger.

Can you post pics of your enclosure and lay bin and fill out the help forum so we can look at the updated husbandry for Kiki.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Can you post pics of your enclosure and lay bin and fill out the help forum so we can look at the updated husbandry for Kiki.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I've filled this out before in a previous thread.

And you were given corrections to it in the previous thread, so you didn't make any changes and it's the same as before ?
I did, you didn't read the threads between mrs skittles and i lol. Upgraded to a larger laying bin and i even put a blanket for privacy. Nothing is happening. Only changes i've noticed is she is getting really antsy, hanging out half of her body resting on the big leaves in her cage, and she acts really thirsty. Her appetite is decreasing it seems, but she still eats every other day like 2 or 3 worms. Gut loading insects with 4 different types of greens, fruits such as mango, apple, papaya, blueberries, and vegetables like cucumber, red pepper, sweet potato, and butternut squash.

I also put a pothos plant in the corner of her laying bin to add even more privacy.

Her enclosure is more than big enough i custom built it. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

Changes should be made by now.
She still looks big, but is it possible she layed them already? Do any of these signs indicate she may have already laid? I was thinking maybe she did while i was at work but i check on her very frequently i've never see her in the lay bin.

She still looks big, but is it possible she layed them already? Do any of these signs indicate she may have already laid? I was thinking maybe she did while i was at work but i check on her very frequently i've never see her in the lay bin.
She would be a darker color after she laid and smaller than she was before.. if she isn't laying there may be something wrong with the laybin to where she isn't feeling comfortable. Do you see her digging any? What does the laybin look like?

@Beman @kinyonga , what do you guys think?

Hey so I started a thread a few weeks back talking about how my chameleon is receptive and she won’t stop climbing all over the enclosure.

how long does this receptive period last? It’s been a long time I feel like and she still won’t lay those eggs. Even with giving her a bunch of privacy.

she’s just getting bigger and bigger.
Post a picture of your girl. They get beautiful bright colors when receptive and that can last around a month. Then they can become gravid after being receptive. When gravid their colors aren’t as bright, more dull with mustard color spots. They normally lay around 30 days after being receptive.

I did, you didn't read the threads between mrs skittles and i lol. Upgraded to a larger laying bin and i even put a blanket for privacy. Nothing is happening. Only changes i've noticed is she is getting really antsy, hanging out half of her body resting on the big leaves in her cage, and she acts really thirsty. Her appetite is decreasing it seems, but she still eats every other day like 2 or 3 worms. Gut loading insects with 4 different types of greens, fruits such as mango, apple, papaya, blueberries, and vegetables like cucumber, red pepper, sweet potato, and butternut squash.

I also put a pothos plant in the corner of her laying bin to add even more privacy.

Her enclosure is more than big enough i custom built it. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?
That was from multiple threads ago, which since you’ve had your husbandry corrected multiple times afterwards. An updated form will help tons, along with more pics of her and her cage.

I can't help I'm sorry!

Post a picture of your girl. They get beautiful bright colors when receptive and that can last around a month. Then they can become gravid after being receptive. When gravid their colors aren’t as bright, more dull with mustard color spots. They normally lay around 30 days after being receptive.
It’s been every bit of thirty days but she doesn’t have any coloration. Just green, sometimes lighter green splotches and stripes on her head too.

Any pictures?
348B9C70-C5C9-48A2-994B-60EC2DE0F445.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom