**update on gaping chameleon**

I second this, please don’t mistake my passion for aggression. I have nothing to gain here, just trying to help you.
I'm not mistaking passion for aggression. I am following a vets orders to help Karma get better, hopefully. Suggesting otherwise or trying to tell me my vet is wrong is hurtful:(

I can tell you are a very dedicated chameleon owner. It is nice to see people make the effort to take their chameleons to the vet and get them care.
I know of meds that are given as mist or nebulizer to treat the lungs. i just don't know of any that are poured on.

I can tell you are a very dedicated chameleon owner. It is nice to see people make the effort to take their chameleons to the vet and get them care.
I know of meds that are given as mist or nebulizer to treat the lungs. i just don't know of any that are poured on.
As I said it's not like dunking her in water, or chucking her in the bath. It's much like misting or showering.

Instead of pouring it on, you can try putting the mixture in a new spray bottle and spritzing her. I'm sure it'd be less stressful, and she might drink some if it triggers her drinking response!

Would you happen to have the exact name of the formula? I'm curious, and wondering if it's something we carry at our clinic. :)

Ok that makes more sense. We often mist or lightly spray chameleons with water to encourage them to drink. Dripping it over her nose area may get a drinking response and she may or may not get some.
some reptiles may absorb liquids through their cloaca but chameleons are not one of them. We see people mistakenly giving baths but that is not what you are doing.

Instead of pouring it on, you can try putting the mixture in a new spray bottle and spritzing her. I'm sure it'd be less stressful, and she might drink some if it triggers her drinking response!

Would you happen to have the exact name of the formula? I'm curious, and wondering if it's something we carry at our clinic. :)
It's called 'ReptiBoost' that's all it says, yes I use it in her spray bottle too. I see it everywhere in vets over here

Ok that makes more sense. We often mist or lightly spray chameleons with water to encourage them to drink. Dripping it over her nose area may get a drinking response and she may or may not get some.
some reptiles may absorb liquids through their cloaca but chameleons are not one of them. We see people mistakenly giving baths but that is not what you are doing.
Yeah she had a wee drink at it but wasn't too keen, she's had that many things today no wonder.

Thanks. She's eating brill, drinking not a lot but she doesn't really. Crossing my fingers.
I now understand that what your doing isn’t a bath or soak, but:
986BDDAE-7D49-46C6-9C89-277EC67F54CD.png

Back
Top Bottom